Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2012-04-02 13:15:05

Lindy Lou

Re: French Onion Soup

Darn I didn't think of giving the whey to the chickens. I was so intent on following the directions I just let in go down the sink.
I have wooden shelving in my utility room and it is cooler in there than the rest of the house. So my block is sitting on the shelf air drying as we speak. The Ricki Carroll book I got doesn't tell you all the minute details like what you cheese should feel like, what colour the liquid coming out when you press it should be. Mine started out creamy coloured and then went almost to the colour of water. I didn't put any colouring in it so mine is a white Farmhouse Cheddar. Still time will tell and if this one turns out okay I shall make some more.

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

2012-04-02 13:15:05

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer