Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-03-27 14:07:34

Prairie Chick

A BIG hello from Prairie Chickl

:hi: Well most of you are familiar to me from other forums and a few new faces.

I was blessed to get hatching eggs from Claire and I was the one that got Susan started on the EO's.  I sold her a trio or quad (I believe, it was a few years ago and my memory is short LOL) and as murphy's law would have it a fox got what I kept for myself.    All except one very handsome Roo, he lives in the hen house with a bunch of happy hens.  I will get a pic of him and post it as my avatar asap.

Looks like a great forum with great members and i look forward to reading and learning more about this breed an others.

Valerie :happycrowd"

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

2012-03-27 14:07:34

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-03-27 14:13:09

Lindy Lou

Re: A BIG hello from Prairie Chickl

:welcome: Praire chick to our forum. You will find that we are a happy,friendly and very knowlegable crowd and if you have a questions about EO's someone here will be able to help. Sorry to hear about losing your EO's to a fox. I understand that problem quite well, having had the same issue here.
Glad you decided to join.
LL

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#3 2012-03-27 14:18:43

gubi
Website

:welcome: :EO: Yours were the frozen eggs that hatched if I remember correctly.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#4 2012-03-27 14:24:55

Susan
Administrator

Welcome PC!! Yes I can credit you for my addiction lol. You actually sent me one roo and one hen - Sparkle and Sequin (named by my daughter as she loved them and claimed them as her own) I had asked for 2 hens but am so glad Sparkle turned out to be a boy! If you ever want to start up again with the EOs let me know- I have a few lol :)

#5 2012-03-27 15:34:39

Lisa

Valerie,

:welcome: to the forum!

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#6 2012-03-27 15:35:53

Island Girl

Hi there, PC so good to see you here. I too have been bit by the EO bug. No cure so far ... one can only keep it at bay by slowly but surely acquiring more eggs/chick or adult EOs. Fortunately there are many here that have the means to help you in any way possible. including myself! Just say the word.

XOX Monika

#7 2012-03-27 16:23:40

appway

Hi Val good to see you here
It is a great bunch of people

Joe

#8 2012-03-27 18:38:08

Prairie Chick

Susan wrote:

Welcome PC!! Yes I can credit you for my addiction lol. You actually sent me one roo and one hen - Sparkle and Sequin (named by my daughter as she loved them and claimed them as her own) I had asked for 2 hens but am so glad Sparkle turned out to be a boy! If you ever want to start up again with the EOs let me know- I have a few lol :)

Right right right Susan, now i remember..Told ya the memory isn't so good :chairhide:.  Well i can say that the pair went to the right person for sure, I am so glad you have fallen in love with the breed and that you and so many others are so passionate about EO's. 

The idea of getting some EO hatching eggs has been running threw my mind for awhile now :nervous:.  I have a funny feeling that i will be ordering some in the VERY near future! :oops:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome =D
Valerie

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles

#9 2012-03-27 19:21:03

Flat Rock Farm

Valarie :welcome: to the forum, glad you could join us.  I am sure you will find someone here to "hook" you up with some EO eggs :EO:

#10 2012-03-27 20:02:36

NaturesPace
Website

Welcome from :US:

We love the EOs also. I bet someone can send you eggs soon. fire up the incubator!

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#11 2012-03-27 21:05:29

Maggiesdad

:welcome: From Louisa, VA! :hi:

#12 2012-03-27 23:56:23

poplar girl
Administrator

:welcome: Prairie Chick! I think you will like it here but I might be a tad bit bias :whistle:

And I definately think you should get some more EOs, you can't go wrong with EOs.

Oh! And I happen to be driving past your place Easter Weekend....and I happen to be stopping at Susan's along the way...and Susan happens to have some EOs for sale =D just saying :whistle:

:doI?:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#13 2012-03-28 00:11:47

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Hi PC  Welcome!  You should know most of the people here.    :wine:

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#14 2012-03-28 00:14:22

Island Girl

poplar girl wrote:

:welcome: Prairie Chick! I think you will like it here but I might be a tad bit bias :whistle:

And I definately think you should get some more EOs, you can't go wrong with EOs.

Oh! And I happen to be driving past your place Easter Weekend....and I happen to be stopping at Susan's along the way...and Susan happens to have some EOs for sale =D just saying :whistle:

Just sit back and relax Val, the enablers in this group will have it all worked out for you in no time!! :funny:

XOX Monika

#15 2012-03-28 00:24:11

Prairie Chick

poplar girl wrote:

HAHAHA BUT guess what, I will be in Kelowna for the Easter long weekend.  :sad:

#16 2012-03-28 00:33:52

poplar girl
Administrator

Prairie Chick wrote:

poplar girl wrote:

HAHAHA BUT guess what, I will be in Kelowna for the Easter long weekend.  :sad:

:( spoiling my fun.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#17 2012-03-28 01:25:37

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Hi PC, great to see you here!  I am so glad you joined us.  :welcome: The fact you kept that odd roo for 2 years says a lot about the breed I think!  I'm glad he is behaving and looking after your hens, sorry about your other hens.   A few of us have EOs separated ready for pure eggs collection when you want some! :hatch:  My first hatch is due next week! 

Enjoy the forum it's pretty laid back, a great group!  Ask if you need anything.

Adverts

Board footer