Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-03-10 03:37:21

Leggs

Flap flap flap....................

So this is where yer all a hiding eh........:)
Awesome!!!!
An great site there Claire  :jumping:

2012-03-10 03:37:21

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-03-10 04:29:08

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Flap flap flap....................

Hi Leggs! Not sure I know you but the warmest of welcomes! Many many hours can be happily spent on this site so it could be said Claire hides out here with us once in awhile :whistle:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2012-03-10 04:32:18

Maggiesdad

:welcome: From Louisa, Va!

#4 2012-03-10 11:10:44

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Leggs!!!!!!!!  Hi and a great big WELCOME!

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#5 2012-03-10 12:22:58

Flat Rock Farm

Leggs...................:welcome: to the EO site :hi: 
I didn't know we were hiding :huh: 
Do you have any of these wonderful birds????? :thumbsup:

#6 2012-03-10 12:26:26

Lindy Lou

Hello & welcome. Can you give us a hint of who you are by posting your location?

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#7 2012-03-10 13:02:54

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Hi Leanne!  It is great to see you here, thanks for joining (finding) us.  :welcome: You are Sask right?  The forum should feel like a familiar layout for PMs, profiles all that stuff, pretty well the same thing as ACE. 

It's small but an awesome group.  Last weekend, 3 of us (Flatrockfarm/Wycrazy, Lindy Lou and me) just did a "cross border" run to Virginia to have eat started as a breakfast with Maggiesdad, Chestnut Ridge and Naturespace, and spent an amazing day talking (and cuddling) chickens, homesteading, gardening and pigs. We tend to get off topic a bit in our excitement, so if need to look at anything specific, use the search or just ask us and we'll find it for you or answer fresh!  I bet we have more photos of EOs in one place than any other site in the world!   :jumping:

So if you do not have them yet, you are in for a treat, you will find :EO:  So what creatures to you have now? I remember you had a bit of everything.  If you have goats/sheep I bet Lindy Lou will be asking you all sorts of questions!  Can't wait to hear more from you!  :cozy: 

I may not be on much today, we spent last night cutting up one of Chitaquarrots pigs and making brine, and are making sausages and bacon today :eat:

#8 2012-03-10 14:03:13

Susan
Administrator

Welcome Leggs! Its great to see you here! How did the Eos hatch that I sent you? My goose from you is broody right now. I have an infertile male (which I purposely got) so she's not impressed that her eggs won't hatch. I love my geese, but 3 is enough for me. I put some Saxony duck eggs under her just so she could be a Mom, but they just disappeared! I have no idea where they went. Anyway, look forward to chatting :)

#9 2012-03-10 14:06:48

gubi
Website

:welcome: :EO:

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#10 2012-03-10 14:47:45

Lisa

:welcome: to the forum!

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#11 2012-03-10 15:31:13

pops coops
Website

:welcome: Leanne you are going to very happy with this forum, can't wait till you make a :roadtrip: and get your blue eared's

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

#12 2012-03-10 17:31:39

poplar girl
Administrator

I knew the name sounded familiar, got you placed now ;)

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#13 2012-03-10 20:25:27

Leggs

Awwww.........shucky darn.   Yes its great to see you all over here.  My critter population has gone down a bit in some places, but deffinitely not the birds.  Two weeks ago I was almost able to finally say I was pig free, as a friend called wanting to know if I knew of anyone that had a boar available.  Our last casterating session we had one break free and no one wanted him when I sold out of hogs last fall.  So I was happily smiling thinking finally.......your gone......Yahhhh!!!!
But........and I never did understand why there always has to be a but........But, these people, as dear an loving as they are, both know how much my kids love to eat.  So as a surprise to me, they loaded up two little adorable lil piggy`s to give back to me. 
I just know that boar was a smiling on his way down the driveway, so now my pig population has doubled again, in a cute sorta way.
Yes, yes yes......profile an pictures.......I will get to them here asap. 
I`m working full time now an totally LOVE my job, it just works for me and the boys.  I did take a break from everything after loosing my Mom here a few months ago.  SO if you haven`t yet today, call your Mom up and tell her how much you love her, or better yet, give her a hug if you can.  I miss you Mom, everyday.

#14 2012-03-10 23:39:50

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

Welcome

Mainly raising Norwegian  Jaerhorn’s, Partridge  Chantecler’s, White Chantecler’s,  Euskal Oiloas, Ameraucana’s, Wheaten Maran’s, Barred Rock Cochin’s, White Silkie’s , Saxony Ducks, Rouen Clair ducks, Australian Spotted Ducks Lavender Guinea Fowl, Welsh Mountain Sheep, Cashmere Goats and Texas Longhorn Cattle.

#15 2012-03-11 13:32:57

ChestnutRidge
Website

Welcome, Leggs!  :welcome:  I'm sorry you lost your mom.  :hug:  I am very close to my mom, and we actually work at the same school.  I will give her an extra hug tomorrow. :hug:

Welcome to the EO board!  I don't actually have any yet, but my eggs should be arriving tomorrow! :jumping:

#16 2012-03-11 14:44:57

Flat Rock Farm

I am sorry to hear about you Mother as well.  My Mother lives in FL, :US: I try to see her as often as I can, either I go down or she comes home for a visit.  I will send her a hug via email today :thumbsup:
I hope you enjoy the forum, it's a good place to hang out.  I think we are a pretty good bunch :hi:

#17 2012-03-14 13:53:35

Amblecroft
Website

:welcome:

Susan Buttivant at Amblecroft,
Chaparral Pyrenean Shepherds and Petits Bassets
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chaparral/amblecroft.html

#18 2012-03-14 15:01:32

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Sorry to hear about your Mom.  I was 27 when I lost mine and I still felt orphaned!  I still think I want to call her up and tell her when something great happens.   It's Mothers day in the UK on Sunday.  Gotta get my Granny's flowers ordered.

I am so glad you love your job.  Not many can say that!  That is kind of your friends on the piglets!  the site is  bit pig crazy here on the site right now as I just processed one we picked up from the abbatoir from Chitaquarrot and Glen (Maggies dad) just did 2 of his own. :eat:  You'll be glad of all that meat in the fall!

#19 2012-03-14 16:10:37

Island Girl

:welcome: Leggs, glad that you 'found' us. An awesome bunch hang out here, there are a lot of great discussions and info to be had. Sorry about your mom, I remember that I felt as if I were in shock for months after my dad passed away. Sometimes it still feels as though it just happened although it was 11 years ago now. I think I will call mom today  :thumbs: !!

XOX Monika

#20 2012-03-14 16:20:41

choctawgal
Website

:welcome:

Welcome, Leggs!!!

Glad to see you here with the rest of the inmates... err... members!

Jenn

Nashoba Family Farm: "Jill of many trades," service dog trainer/handler.  Owned by 2 svc dogs, 4 turkeys, 9 ducks, 1 rabbit, and manage Mother Clucker's Egg Co-op: a 75 hen, co-op owned, pastured, heritage flock.
Please "like" me at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mother-C … ef=tn_tnmn
and https://www.facebook.com/choctawgal

Adverts

Board footer