Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2011-07-16 15:37:06

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: Hi! From NC

Reeree. I love your avatar, what type of dog?  Very cute :)

2011-07-16 15:37:06

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2011-07-17 19:15:31

reereechickens

My dog is a mixed mutt! I got him from CL and he is supposed to be a Australian cattle mix.  I think he is a beagle/lab or something else.  He is 4 months old and weighs about 50lbs! I'm still working on training him around the chickens, he needs supervision.  He has the best personality and loves my 3 boys.  His name is "Edge" from WWE wrestling.  Do you have any dogs?  Anybody have any tips on training dogs to not eat the chickens. :huh:

EO's have started laying! My EO flock: 4 hens 2 roos

#28 2011-07-17 23:10:38

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Very cute, Edge's going to be a big boy then.  I guess you can tell by the size of the feet!  I haven't had any experience training a young dog with the chickens Our dog was 4 when we got chickens and he's a Border terrier (the "Something about Mary" dog) and I think more interested in rabbits than birds, luckily.  Susan may have some ideas, she has a new doggy.  We don't trust Tetley arounf the chicks, but once they reach 10-12 weeks and stop cheeping, he ignores them totally.

#29 2011-07-18 00:36:57

Flat Rock Farm

Well we have a Jack Russell Terrier and a Shepherd X Border Collie, the big dog could care less about anything running around, but.... the terrier another story she will hunt whatever runs.  The hunting instinct is too strong in some breeds and is hard to break them from that.  She does not chace anything that will be intimidated like the geese, they actually chase her!  Goosy Gail from PSO would be a great person to ask, her little fellow is a beagle X and she trained him to leave the birds alone, you see he wants to but obey's.

#30 2011-07-18 01:01:55

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

PSO is Poultry Swap Ontario if you are wondering.   A great general chicken site!  :cheer:

http://www.poultryswapontario.net/forum/index.php

Adverts

Board footer