Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2012-01-16 13:26:43

gubi
Website

Re: I have opened up a can of marraduna worms on another forum

It would be nice if we got that kind of consistency in color in our EO's! :whistle:

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

2012-01-16 13:26:43

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2012-01-16 13:28:46

Young Heritage

It will be nice when we have that consistency =D

FBCM and Euskal Oiloa

#28 2012-01-17 03:52:28

poplar girl
Administrator

Thank you for posting the pics YH! I actually think the chicks look a lot like the marraduna EOs I have hatched and like the pics quite a few others have posted. I guess that's good! Mostly yellow fuzzy butts but with some more cinnamon colored. Any other colored chick must indicate some different genes mixed in.

I would still like to see if some of our older EOs have grey fluff instead of white. But I didn't keep any birds with much grey so I might need to wait until I hatch more this year.

So much to look for, so much to learn!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#29 2012-01-17 03:56:28

Susan
Administrator

Oh pg I forgot to write in another post! My 3 boys have white fluff on their backs. Now..... What does that mean?? :nervous:

#30 2012-01-17 04:24:14

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

poplar girl wrote:

I would still like to see if some of our older EOs have grey fluff instead of white. But I didn't keep any birds with much grey so I might need to wait until I hatch more this year.

I have 2 20 week or so Grey boys with white legs (that we will probably keep til spring) if you need a fluff update or more data.  Sunny's bloomers is quite white and Specky and Sunny Jims' are cream, but I can check the underfluff if you want.  I have Curly and two other young roos with more darker red/black markings too.  Should we take a piece of paper out or something as reference?

I tell you who has a surprisingly dark grey, my wheaten Ameraucan girls.

Adverts

Board footer