Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-09-04 12:50:39

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Setting up the IRC chatroom

I am hoping to get the IRC Chatroom fuctioning :jumping:

I can't test it yet as I need to download Java.  This looks like the best link, it says about 15 mins to download

http://www.java.com/en/download/inc/windows_new_xpi.jsp

Feel free to play on it  if you like.  Top
right menu...I left recent posts at the far right for those set in their ways (me!) Let me know if there's any trouble with it.  I have to deke out for a few hours.

2011-09-04 12:50:39

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-09-04 13:38:10

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Setting up the IRC chatroom

I use an iPad most of the time. Unfortunately iPad does not have Java (or Flash player for that matter). I am looking into a way around this so I can use The chatroom but I'm not sure it will work. Cloud Browse is supposed to get you in but you have to pay for a subscription.

I do have a laptop I could possibly use when I know I want to be in the chatroom (for example if we use it for our Genetics Study Group).

Maybe we need to run a poll (or just ask right here ;) )to see how many members like the idea of using a chartroom?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2011-09-04 16:03:10

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Good idea...I downloaded java and it wontl install so may not be an option for me either.  I thought Id see if it was even possible to install the chatroom this morning and I think Ì managed it, it should work now for those with java....

Good idea on the poll.

#4 2011-12-25 07:20:18

cj's coop

I have java 6.30 and it wont let me in to it.:banginghead:

Farm bred country raised

#5 2011-12-25 14:26:02

Lindy Lou

I have Java but It says Start up ErroR???

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#6 2011-12-25 15:20:02

pops coops
Website

when I try it says there is a security concern

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

#7 2011-12-25 15:35:44

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I am not sure we are ever going to be able to use it, I can't even get the java stuff to install and work, and the Ipad members can't use it at all either.  It's a shame cos it can be very cool, we used the one on ACE OK before it was removed and this should be just the same but I have a different laptop since then.  We may be better eventually going through yahoo or ICQ or something like.

Adverts

Board footer