Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-12-22 19:03:58

gubi
Website

recent post

Is there a way to slow down how fast the unread pages go to read?  If I reply to a post by the time I post it all the threads have been marked as read.  I like the way PSO works.  It doesn't mark them read until you clicked on the thread.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

2011-12-22 19:03:58

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-12-22 19:32:37

Susan
Administrator

Re: recent post

I don't think so gubi. If you reply to a post and hit "recent" after "submit", the posts you haven't read yet still show up in bold for the time that you are on the site. If you leave and then come back, the posts are not in bold font. Does that make sense?

#3 2011-12-22 22:32:37

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Yes, I think Susan is right!  I find the odd time I nip in quick to delete a spammer  :duh: , I come back later and they are not bold anymore.   It's the site programming and not changeable I don't think! :whistle:

#4 2011-12-23 01:50:50

gubi
Website

I replied to a post again and after that all the post were marked as read again.  On ACE they stay as unread forever even when you  go to another site and then come back but on here even if you stay on and just reply to a post it marks everything read.  It's no big deal really I'm just lazy trying to find the point of the conversation I haven't read yet. :chairhide: My favorite smiley!

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#5 2011-12-23 02:31:02

Susan
Administrator

Gubi, have you clicked on the phrase" mark all topics as read" on the upper right corner in the "Index"? Maybe tjat's your problem (?)

#6 2011-12-23 03:29:12

poplar girl
Administrator

I would agree the topics "unbold" faster on this forum than on others....no idea if the setting can be changed though.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#7 2011-12-23 12:39:53

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I have asked on the help forum to see if it is
a) Stefan's computer or cookies
b) A setting I can change on here, believe me, anything technical looking that I didn't understand in the menu is still set at default!!
c) Whether is is related to the "marked as read" thing
or d) something else I can imagine!

I'll let you know as soon as I know.  :snowman:

#8 2011-12-23 14:52:48

Young Heritage

skeffling lavender farm wrote:

I have asked on the help forum to see if it is
a) Stefan's computer or cookies
b) A setting I can change on here, believe me, anything technical looking that I didn't understand in the menu is still set at default!!
c) Whether is is related to the "marked as read" thing
or d) something else I can imagine!

I'll let you know as soon as I know.  :snowman:

a. Not this users computer. It happens to me on any computer I use and I use a lot of different ones :)
b. Would be my educated guess as the culprit.
c. Do not see how it could be related to this as that feature Unbolds all threads when clicked.

It is a timer issue. If I come to the site and then go away immediately then come back a few seconds later and they are still bold. Wait a little longer and refresh and they will not be bold anymore. It does not matter what I do or click on they do not unbold until the timer hits. Even if I click on a new post that is bold and then immediately come back it is still bold.

FBCM and Euskal Oiloa

#9 2011-12-23 15:50:27

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I just checked under the Administration Options,

Visit timeout:     Is set to 600 so 5 minutes then. 

It says "Number of seconds a user must be idle before his/hers last visit data is updated (primarily affects new message indicators)."  I bet that is it.

Maybe I'll ask Bessie to see what ACE is set to.

#10 2011-12-24 02:58:43

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

All fixed up, should be identical to ACE!  Thanks Bessie!  :snowman:

#11 2011-12-24 03:22:17

gubi
Website

:thumbsup: Thanks guys!

#12 2011-12-24 14:15:13

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

No problem! :xmas:

Adverts

Board footer