Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-12-06 23:04:43

Lisa

Does anybody remember the site for crossing chicken breeds?

Hi Everybody! :)

I am trying to locate the neat site for crossing chicken breeds - you put in the two breeds you want to cross, and it pops out with a guess about what the offspring would be like. Anybody remember where that site is?

Thanks!

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

2011-12-06 23:04:43

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-12-06 23:40:27

Susan
Administrator

Re: Does anybody remember the site for crossing chicken breeds?

Is that the genetics calculator they talk about on ACE?  I wish I could help, but I've never used it. If you find it plug in Silkie/EO cross for me and see what comes out??

#3 2011-12-07 00:33:52

Lisa

Thanks Susan!

With that memory jog, I was able to find it....

http://edelras.nl/Henk69/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

This site only offers info on colour crosses. I put in "crele" for the eo (I think it's the closest thing?) and put in different colours of birds that I could cross eo's with. I have some splash silkie pullets - according to the calculator, this would result in birds that were blue, unicolour and barred. That could be cute in a silkie cross!

Other possible silkie crosses (if I have the crele part right) would be black (results: black unicolour barred), white (results: crele), partridge (results: crele) and buff (results: indecipherable by me!).

Anybody got a different thought than "crele" to describe the eo colour? Or am I quite off in my memory of what crele is?

Stefan, for fun I put in crele for male and siliver spangled for female. This resulted in something indecipherable, but we could give it a really cool name - maradunna spitzhauben? Maraspitz? Dunhauben? Appenloia? :lol:

We definitely need a name for a silkie/maradunna cross..... =D

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#4 2011-12-07 01:12:34

Susan
Administrator

Lol! It will be interesting for sure to see what results in real life!

#5 2011-12-07 01:43:40

gubi
Website

crele is probably as close as you would get in a calculator to marraduna.  I have had some Spitzhauben EE cross they turned out mostly black with a spangled chest and a very interesting comb!  maybe the marraduna spiz will have barred spangles! :lol:

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

Adverts

Board footer