Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-08 02:57:23

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

The other hen from our original trio

The other hen from our original trio, she was bigger and darker than Blondie and disappeared when about 14 months old in summer 2009.  At the time I figured she was the better marked of the too and was wider.  We had the trio together and got 2 pullets in 2009.

At about 4 months old - still has the barring on her bloomers
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/birdsfall2008064.jpg

January 2009 at about 8 months old
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/wintergirls038.jpg

2011-07-08 02:57:23

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-08 12:10:20

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: The other hen from our original trio

It is interesting how much variation we are seeing come from these birds isn't it. It is actually really nice to see pictures of the originals because I would assume they are close to the breed standard.

Was speckled Jim the rooster you got along with the original trio Claire?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2011-07-08 12:56:36

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: The other hen from our original trio

Yep.  I'll do a 0 to 3 year thread on him too.  He was always pale, we though he was female in the beginning.  And he got friendly around the 2-3 month mark , later than the Gorria roo and Blondie and Gingernut the Gorria pullet.  I found a pic at 4 months and he looks pretty good and as I remembered the 6 month pic he had the white sickles in the tail.  I have thousand of photos still to go through anyway! :banginghead:  The early 2008 ones were a not great camera but it all helps.  I though it would be interesting to show how they have changed and developed over the years.  Might make it easier to spot promising birds.  It's all a good record anyway!  I have quite a few pics of the two daughters from this trio too I'll post.

Adverts

Board footer