Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-12-04 15:26:45

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

What a wonderful dinner and chicken visit!

Our chicken meals are usually breakfast after a chicken swap, but last night Lindy hosted the breakfast girls and hubbies for roast pork, yorkshire pudding, yule log, mince pies, and an amazing treacle pudding with proper custard :eat: :love:   That was the best meal I have had in a long time. Like my Mum used to make. :thumbs:  And the company was just as great!

Thanks for being the best hosts and allowing us to stay and talk chicken for 5 hours!! :whistle:  It felt like I was there for about a hour.  A visit with you ladies is never long enough!  And I am really sorry for our out-westers that missed out!  We did talk about you like you were there!  Maybe another time!   

Thanks! :happycrowd"

2011-12-04 15:26:45

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-12-04 15:52:56

Flat Rock Farm

Re: What a wonderful dinner and chicken visit!

Well you got to the post before me Claire!!  Was a lovely evening and food was soooo good :eat:  As usual Lynn and John are the perfect hosts.  Your right Claire the time fly's when we all get together, had lots of laughs, and things to think about..... like a trip to Spain :thumbsup:

Again Lynn and John thank you for a wonderful evening!!!  :happycrowd"
Next time my place :thumbs:

Paula

#3 2011-12-04 16:33:19

Susan
Administrator

I'm glad you had such a nice time together!  Its wonderful that you are close enough to get together. :) sounds wonderful :eat:

#4 2011-12-04 17:49:36

Island Girl

I can feel the warmth of companionship in your posts! I love it! I knew you guys would have a great time, I can only imagine how quickly the time went  and mmmmm I can almost taste that meal. :thumbsup:

XOX Monika

#5 2011-12-04 18:11:42

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

It was amazing!  :happycrowd"  The food was the best ever, so tasty and scrumptious.  I ate things last evening that I never had the opportunity to try before.  I must have been British in a past life because that food was just like comfort food to me.  Lynn and John are terrific hosts and we felt so very welcome.  They went out of their way to make sure everyone was filled up.  The house was decorated with the finest Christmas decorations ever.  The company was outstanding.  We chatted and chatted and then when that was done, we chatted some more.  Good meal, good company, good laughs.  I guess I should start to save up for that trip to Spain.  Need to learn some Spanish first. 

Thank you so very much for including Mike and I in your plans.  I truly believe that it would be impossible to have been treated any better than we were.
It was an honour to be there.  Your Grand Sons are such a joy and so very well behaved and respectful. 

Also a great big Thank You to Claire and Nathan for the lovely gift packet.  I feel like a kid at Christmas time. 

BIG HUGS to all!  :love:

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#6 2011-12-04 20:24:31

poplar girl
Administrator

Awe it sounds like an amazing evening! It's times like these I wish Canada were a bit smaller so we could all get together in person once in awhile.

Hope you said mostly good things about us folks out west :whistle:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#7 2011-12-04 22:07:15

Flat Rock Farm

Absolutely PG, nothing but good things :thumbs:, and your right we wish Canada was a bit smaller so that we could have all been able to get together.  Especially when there are chickens I want and they are out west :whistle:

#8 2011-12-04 23:40:39

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:thumbsup:  Thirded, Canada is a tad big!  Specially compared to England!

#9 2011-12-04 23:50:03

Lindy Lou

Well Thank you everyone and John & I are so glad you all enjoyed our 1st Annual CAA's Christmas dinner. May there be many more to come. John & I lived in Paris, Ontario for many years and developed a wide circle of friends. Needless to say any excuse for a dinner or party and we were in. Moving up north meant we don't see anywhere near as many people as we used to and we really haven't done a lot of entertaining.
But then along came the Chicken nuts and it feels like home. I can't thank you enough for just being who you all are.
Your warmth and friendship mean more to us then words can express. The fact we all came together because of a common love and through that we have all gained such lovely friends.
So to all of you that joined us for dinner and for all of you that joined us in spirit Thank you so very much.
Can't wait to do it again. Merry Christmas to you all :jumping:
PS Start saving for Spain.

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#10 2011-12-05 00:53:19

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:applause: Thanks to you both.  What a lovely post.  What a great group we have here. :happycrowd"

#11 2011-12-05 00:55:59

Flat Rock Farm

skeffling lavender farm wrote:

:applause: Thanks to you both.  What a lovely post.  What a great group we have here. :happycrowd"

Totally agree :applause:

Last edited by Flat Rock Farm (2011-12-05 00:56:22)

Adverts

Board footer