Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-10-27 18:00:03

Nora

Hi from Edmonton, Alberta

I am brand new to the site, recommended to me by another chicken-crazy person. Right now I am raising Black Australorps and Blue-Laced Wyandottes (which I just purchased). I love them as much for their beautiful feathers as anything else, and that's why I adore Euskal Oiloa. What a gorgeous bird!

In truth, I don't have any yet and I am here partly to see how I might get some. =D

Thanks to the moderators for a very nice forum experience.

Nora

2011-10-27 18:00:03

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-10-27 18:21:49

gubi
Website

Re: Hi from Edmonton, Alberta

:welcome: :EO: They are surely one of the nicest looking birds around especially the roosters. On top of that they have awesome personalities and are great layers of large brown eggs and the extra cockerels make a nice sized meal too.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#3 2011-10-27 18:36:34

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Hi Nora, Welcome to our forum.  We are happy to see you.  We have members in Alberta, these birds do well there.  I am sure you know with winter on the way, eggs may be harder to come by.  Susan in Saskatchewan just sent eggs to Island Girl in BC, maybe she can help.  If not I am certain there`ll be eggs available in the spring or maybe even adults.

The Euskal oiloa certainly are pretty and unusual looking too, I guess close to a lemon cuckoo, which you hardly ever see except in Europe!  They are crazy friendly birds that have no idea how gorgeous they are. :EO:  Great choice.  I have soft spot for black chickens too with my black Pendesencas and Sumatras. :love:

We`d love to hear more about your flock and feel free to post pics here or in the show off your flock area!  BLRWS are gorgeous.

#4 2011-10-27 20:14:44

Maggiesdad

:welcome: and :congrats: on finding the coolest dual purpose chicken forum on the continent! :love:

(At least I think so !) :jumping:

#5 2011-10-27 20:43:54

Susan
Administrator

Hi Nora! I responded to your post on Jaymie's site, and I'll be glad to help if I can! To bad gubi isn't closer, he has a pair for sale (though there's always west Jet.... :) ). Anyway, very glad to have you here, welcome!

#6 2011-10-27 23:31:54

Flat Rock Farm

Nora :welcome: to the EO site.  I as well love the multi-coloured birds they are just so beautiful and the EO's also have the personality as well to go along with it.  Just a great bird all around.

#7 2011-10-28 00:54:34

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

:welcome:

Mainly raising Norwegian  Jaerhorn’s, Partridge  Chantecler’s, White Chantecler’s,  Euskal Oiloas, Ameraucana’s, Wheaten Maran’s, Barred Rock Cochin’s, White Silkie’s , Saxony Ducks, Rouen Clair ducks, Australian Spotted Ducks Lavender Guinea Fowl, Welsh Mountain Sheep, Cashmere Goats and Texas Longhorn Cattle.

#8 2011-10-28 01:22:36

poplar girl
Administrator

:welcome: Nora!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#9 2011-10-28 04:17:40

Island Girl

:welcome: Nora, the friendly nature of the EO is what initially drew me to them and now their dual purpose reputation has me very excited! I also breed BLRWs and love the look of them. My new roo came from Terrace, BC and I have a number of unrelated hens that I am looking very forward to breeding in the spring. Where are your BLRWs from? Enjoy the site and all the lovely people here!

XOX Monika:happycrowd"

#10 2011-10-28 06:49:53

Skylinepoultry
Website

:welcome: Nora
:happycrowd"

#11 2011-11-02 13:15:30

Lisa

Hello Nora! :welcome: to the forum!

I have australorps too - quite excited about them this morning, as I just received a new cockeral imported from Michigan! But much as I love my australorps, the EO's have them beaten hands down for friendly, pretty, character-laden birds. They are better foragers too. I'm told they are great egg-layers, but mine are a bit young to judge as of yet...

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

Adverts

Board footer