Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2015-11-11 13:31:33

hollowridge

Addiction ho

Okay, need some help here.  We are addicted to getting these Marraduna's right at my house, or die trying! In 2012 built chicken coop to hold max of 10-12 birds, (yup you know where this is going!) We got 12 Australorp chicks, got 3 hens out of that.  Didn't care for the meat as much, too dark so went looking again when we came upon an ad in 2013 for hatching eggs for E.O.'s.  Well we were hooked at we built on to our coop so that we could house more.

Now that we have had these birds we are trying to figure out how to breed them and get what we want.  Space is too limited and the roosters are never happy with each other here even with wire and their own girls.  So we are in the process of plans for yet another coop with 4 different rooms and runs.  :Crazy:  I know. 

So the question is now, we have an old hova bator that works well but with addictions we now want another one!!  So we are looking to purchase.  The U.S. dollar is crazy to buy now, but may have too if we can't get what we want here in Canada.

Where do you guys buy your equipment?  I have looked at Berry Hill, and Performance Poultry.  Is there anywhere else that I can look on line and buy from?  We do like the hova bators and want one with the DC ability. 

Please help feed our addiction :thanks:

2015-11-11 13:31:33

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2015-11-11 13:38:30

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Addiction ho

Ah Hollowridge...welcome to the dark side. You were just sitting on the edge of the addicted but with your new coop for the EOs I'm gonna say you will be firmly on the dark side, sitting right next to me! :happycrowd"

I don't have a hovabator anymore, I sold mine a few years ago and went to Brinsea Incubators. CBotkin from BC sells them but I wouldn't be surprised if their price has been influenced by the dollar as well. And BC is a long way from you. I will look up a link to the website in case you are interested...

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2015-11-11 13:47:02

poplar girl
Administrator

So here is a link so you can look just for fun:
http://cbotkin.ca/index.php/product-cat … rs/page/2/

They are expensive but really work well.

Maybe something will come up for sale on Kijiji or the like if you keep your eyes open?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2015-11-11 14:00:57

hollowridge

Thanks, PG, I just looked, they are nice but a little out of my price range, :sad:, maybe we will win the loto, and wow, no more 4 room coop ideas :whistle:

Our family already is thinking that we are a few bricks short, wait till next year :lol:

#5 2015-11-11 14:32:27

Flat Rock Farm

CBotkin is where I bought my Brinsea from as well.  Good to deal with and carry's all related items and supplies :thumbs:

#6 2015-11-11 20:51:49

gubi
Website

I just wait until Paula is ready for a new one and buy hers.  :funny:  I have 2 hovas, and a roll-x I got from Paula.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#7 2015-11-11 20:53:58

Flat Rock Farm

That's right gubi!!!  =D

#8 2015-11-13 18:15:02

Shnookie

I haven't bought from Cutler Supply, but I have heard they will ship to Canada and that they have reasonable prices.  They carry several different kinds of incubators, including the Hovabators.  Here is their website.

http://www.cutlersupply.com/zen_new51/

I bought my Hovabator from Berry Hill a couple of years ago.  Even though it was in Canadian dollars, and had free shipping, it cost more than one from Cutler.  Good luck with your search.

Starting with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) Basque, Speckled Basque, and Blue, Black and Splash Ameraucanas.

#9 2015-11-13 21:19:02

Flat Rock Farm

I purchased my Lyons RollX (that now gubi has ;)) from them, at the time even with the exchange and shipping it was a good deal and they are good people to deal with.

#10 2015-11-14 00:52:07

poplar girl
Administrator

I have purchased from Cutler Supply as well (not an incubator but still). Any problems doing things online just give them a call, they have some really nice people working there.

#11 2015-11-14 12:32:06

hollowridge

:thanks: Everyone, I will check them out.

Adverts

Board footer