Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2015-06-29 13:49:32

YewTreeFarm

White Roo Vs Brownish Red Roo

I have one white roo in my flock and will be getting rid of a few others, before i do is the white coloring more desirable than just the brownish red? I've attached some pictures as well, one of my white roo and one of some other roos in my flock.
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y332/lovelyluna1271/2015_0122spring4-H0022_zps934ix6n8.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y332/lovelyluna1271/2015_0122spring4-H0007_zpscmj0ipyz.jpg

2015-06-29 13:49:32

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2015-06-29 17:12:27

gubi
Website

Re: White Roo Vs Brownish Red Roo

no the white roo is not desired color.  Did you have a chance to check out the pictures on our webpage and facebook page?

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#3 2015-06-30 11:21:55

poplar girl
Administrator

For sure the roos in the second pic are better for feather color.

There are also some pictures on the NABHA website you may want to check out:
http://nabha.weebly.com/red-cuckoo-marr … llery.html

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2015-06-30 11:24:09

hollowridge

Hi Yew Tree Farm, I am also from Nova Scotia.  Lunenburg County.  Where are you located?  Good to know there are more E.O. owners around :thumbs: .  Where did you get your birds from?  Always looking at getting new breed stock around.  We have had Marraduna's now for the past three years.  Your birds have some nice looking yellow legs :love:

We had a few that looking like your white one this year.  First time.  It is not the right colour nor is the other one but closer.  You have to keep a watch for their personality.  We have kept a few in the past that I had wanted as breed stock for they were closer to standard colour.  Only to have my dreams crushed as they would attack me or one of the grandchildren and that was that, they had to go :stomp: not going to breed mean roosters.  One off colour is better than one that you can't turn your back on.

#5 2015-06-30 12:31:45

YewTreeFarm

Hi Hollow Ridge i got my birds from River Bend farm in Bakers Settlement! I am located in the Annapolis Valley, thankfully my roos haven't been too bad in personality wise a few pecks here and there but only when im bringing treats

#6 2015-07-01 12:05:03

hollowridge

Yew Tree, our birds are related as we have gotten eggs for the past 3 years have come from Riverbend.  Good to see that the E.O.'s are making it around.  Hopefully you can get a good roo out of your bunch to go with your ladies. 

This site is awesome!  Good people to help and lots of information, you can look up in the past posts; will give you hours and hours of :surfing: when our weather turns to this :cozy: again.  :duh: don't want to jinx anything as we are really now only getting into the warmer dryer weather for planting.  Take care and enjoy your birds :)

Adverts

Board footer