Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-11-08 19:51:59

plbuck

Colors for breeders

:layer:

Hello everyone!  First of all, please go to the photo contest winners at http://www.euskaloiloas.com/ and scroll down to the photo of the young lady with the Euskal Oiloa started chicks perching on her.  There are two cockerels.  I have one that looks like each.  I'm thinking I should breed the one on her shoulder, the darker one, but not the lighter one standing on the ground beside the young lady.   Now please look at the two pullets on the lady's lap.  The first, lighter colored one looks like both of mine, except mine may be just a wee bit darker.  I think they are OK to breed from.  The second pullet, the much darker one, is much darker than any I've ever hatched.  I think she is too dark.  Is she a Marraduna?  What do y'all think?  I'll post photos of my birds when my technology skills are up to it.  If someone could post photos of very good Marradunas it would be great.  URL's would work fine too.  Thanks, Patrick in Lexington Kentucky.

2014-11-08 19:51:59

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-11-09 02:24:46

gubi
Website

Re: Colors for breeders

The cockerel on her shoulder is much better but looks like he has too much grey in him, the one besides her might be a millie fleure colored EO.  The dark pullet on her lap is a Welsummer. 

for ideal color check out this thread http://forums.euskaloiloas.com/viewtopic.php?id=1978

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#3 2014-11-09 05:37:32

plbuck

Thanks Gubi!  My cockerel has less gray than that.  I thought the Welsummer pullet might be a gorria EO.  I appreciate your help.  Patrick in Lexington KY :thumbs:

#4 2014-11-09 13:27:08

gubi
Website

no problem, any more questions just post them.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

Adverts

Board footer