Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-09-16 16:11:03

Island Girl

Mycoplasma Gallisepticum update

So I go to sleep thinking about my birds and wake up thinking about my birds and what will my course of action be if  ...  and so on  ...

Well I got my test results back and out of the four birds tested three are positive for MG. As prepared as I thought that I was I can tell you I was Not!! I tested my beautiful show worthy EO rooster  from my own breeding stock this spring, he is positive. I tested  a little Silkie pullet that I purchased from Buckerfields,  she was in with all my new EO chicks  from my last hatch, she is positive. I tested my best Porcelain Booted Bantam hen (German Stock) her name is $100. Hen  (that is self explanatory),  she is positive and I also tested one Porcelain Booted Bantam pullet she is a chick of $100. Hen and a show winning rooster,  she has been in a completely different hen house and she is negative. I vasilate between burning down my coop and skipping the country with all my birds under my arms  ....  :Crazy:

I keep thinking back to a post I was going to check out about Deneguard I believe it was pg who posted it, I will go back to it. Maybe if I educate myself a bit about this med and share it with my vet he will help me through this,  he loves to do research and seems very willing to help me out. I just wanted to share this with anyone who might be following my chicken drama and I am always open to any suggestions or any info you can share with me.

XOX  Monika

2014-09-16 16:11:03

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-09-16 16:40:22

Flat Rock Farm

Re: Mycoplasma Gallisepticum update

Oh Monika I am so sorry to read the finding of the results :(.  Brain wracking for sure to figure how and why and what to do??  I know wild birds carry it that is why I am at all out war with the sparrows in my barn to shoo them out, they are also carries of ILT.  Who would ever thought that chicken keeping would be so hard :sad:
Yes it was PG that posted out Deneguard. 

Try and keep you chin up my dear as hard as I am sure it is right now :hug:

#3 2014-09-17 11:19:54

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Mycoplasma Gallisepticum update

Oh no Monika that's not the best if news at all :sad: but I really do think you should talk to your vet about options for minimizing the impact of this disease. Maybe you can prevent any further outbreaks and the spread of it and, over time again have a negative flock?

Please keep us updated. At least you seem to have found avian vets willing to work with you on this.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer