Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-09-13 12:09:45

Lisa

Looking for feathers for wishing sticks

H'Lo All. =D

Helen and I are working on a new project - wishing sticks. Wishing sticks (or prayer sticks) are an old native tradition. You attach a feather to a stick, decorate it, then put it in the ground or a bowl of earth with your wish/prayer. The stick is the antennae to connect with spirit/totem/God/angels/higher self, and the feather lifts the wish/prayer up to the heavens/universe.

We are having great fun designing and making these things, so now I thought I'd put in a request to my pals at this time of moult. If anybody picks up nice feathers and doesn't have another use for them, would you mind mailing them to me? I'm particularly sad that I no longer have Marraduna roosters! Clearly an oversight that needs correction! ;)

This will also partly be a surprise for Helen - she has just had a shoulder surgery (yesterday) which went very well. But, she's going to be a bit incapacitated for a while. I thought it might be fun for her to open envelopes with feathers in them! If you send them to me, I'll deliver them to her to open.

Thanks pals! :happycrowd"

Address is:
Lisa Weaver
7292 Third Line
RR#3, Arthur, Ontario
N0G 1A0

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

2014-09-13 12:09:45

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-09-13 13:22:49

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Looking for feathers for wishing sticks

What a neat idea! You are looking for larger, stiffer feather then like wing or tail?

Helen...hope you have a speedy recovery!

Oh and Lisa...I know a few people who can help you fix that lack of marraduna EO problem :whistle:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2014-09-13 22:44:22

Lisa

PG,

I'm already on fixing the "lack of Marraduna" problem - right Stefan?? =D

Yes please, stiffer feathers like wing and tail feathers. Thank you so much!! :thumbsup:

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#4 2014-09-13 23:00:06

Flat Rock Farm

Hey if you are going to the F&F I will see what I can collect for you and bring them to you there???

#5 2014-09-14 02:05:38

Lisa

Paula,

You rock! Yes please! :thumbsup:

Adverts

Board footer