Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-05-25 22:22:36

Island Girl

I would like to call all enablers to this thread

I am in the market for some EO hatching eggs. I would like to add another rooster to my breeding flock and I think this might be the best way to do it. I have read some threads in our forum and looked at a lot of pictures. Quite honestly I don't remember who's  roo was who's but there are some of you who have the nicest yellow legs and beaks. I need to add this quality to my flock. I will be away in Saskatchewan and Alberta from June 17th to July 3rd so I could receive and set them before the 17th or I would like to set them asap upon my return. Do any of you think you could sell me a couple dozen of your eggs?

On another note I went to retrieve an email that Micah and Kiah sent me with a wonderful recipe to help enhance leg color but  I see the messages have all been lost, ouch! Anyone out there with that recipe or if it can be resent I sure would appreciate it  Micah and kiah  :thanks:

XOX Monika

2014-05-25 22:22:36

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-05-25 22:31:31

Flat Rock Farm

Re: I would like to call all enablers to this thread

Shoot I could have sent you some of mine or gubi's when I sent the Porcelains :duh:

#3 2014-05-25 23:34:13

poplar girl
Administrator

Monika where in Alberta will you be?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2014-05-27 15:52:01

Island Girl

FRF I wish I would have thought of this back then. :duh:  Do you still have any of yours of gubi's for sale?

XOX Monika

#5 2014-05-27 16:05:51

Island Girl

pg I will be flying into Regina,Sask  on the 18th of June and driving to Swift Current,Sask  for a weeks visit with family :nervous:  Hubby is flying home out of Regina on the 25th but I am heading a little further west to Brooks, Ab to visit with my girlfriend until July 1st  then driving to Calgary to fly direct  to Comox,BC. I am excited and yet uneasy about leaving all my creatures behind for that long.

XOX Monika

:whistle:  Do u have anything in Mind?  :whistle:

Last edited by Island Girl (2014-05-27 16:06:27)

#6 2014-05-27 18:06:55

gubi
Website

I'm getting lots of eggs still here maybe you should extend your trip to Ontario lol

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#7 2014-05-27 18:38:35

Island Girl

Wouldn't that be a great holiday! Someday I will travel all over Canada, its on my bucket list.   :Canada:

XOX Monika

#8 2014-05-27 19:43:00

Flat Rock Farm

Island Girl wrote:

FRF I wish I would have thought of this back then. :duh:  Do you still have any of yours of gubi's for sale?

XOX Monika

Well gubi's eggs are now in lockdown set to hatch on Thursday.  I will be doing a fertility test with my eggs at the same time I set your eggs.  If you want some from me I would be happy to send you some, just not planning a trip to gubi's so soon again, LOL

Travel all over Canada is on my bucket list as well, have been to the eastern provinces but never out west.

#9 2014-05-28 01:24:35

poplar girl
Administrator

Island Girl wrote:

pg I will be flying into Regina,Sask  on the 18th of June and driving to Swift Current,Sask  for a weeks visit with family :nervous:  Hubby is flying home out of Regina on the 25th but I am heading a little further west to Brooks, Ab to visit with my girlfriend until July 1st  then driving to Calgary to fly direct  to Comox,BC. I am excited and yet uneasy about leaving all my creatures behind for that long.

XOX Monika

Just thought if you were planning to be in the north half or Alberta maybe you could come in person and see if any of the cockerels I have hatched this year suit your fancy.

My marraduna are not stellar examples of the nice bright yellow legs. Lots of my gorria or marraduna x gorria crosses have amazing shank color but I have everyone out of the breeding pens right now.

What color of rooster are you looking for, marraduna or heterozygous or gorria?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#10 2014-05-29 14:34:09

Island Girl

FRF I will definitely take you up on your offer of eggs  :thumbsup: do you think you can collect and send and they can get here before mid June or should we wait until I return from my trip on July1st?  Either is fine with me. I am ok with however many you can collect and send as we know shipping is hard on eggs and does affect how many will hatch. weeee go birdies go   :layer:

XOX Monika

#11 2014-05-29 14:43:55

Island Girl

poplar girl wrote:

Island Girl wrote:

XOX Monika

Just thought if you were planning to be in the north half or Alberta maybe you could come in person and see if any of the cockerels I have hatched this year suit your fancy.

My marraduna are not stellar examples of the nice bright yellow legs. Lots of my gorria or marraduna x gorria crosses have amazing shank color but I have everyone out of the breeding pens right now.

What color of rooster are you looking for, marraduna or heterozygous or gorria?

I think I posted this under the wrong title as I cannot travel with a rooster or then again I guess I could  ...  it should be just like a dog in a crate I would  think. But no I am not going that far North in Alberta although my girlfriend who I am visiting in  Brooks has a sister who lives in Athabasca  :do?:  oh dear. ....  And you know pg just when things should be getting more clear about some of the genetics with these roosters  it seems to be getting more murky in my brain... see new upcoming  thread   :duh:

XOX Monika

#12 2014-05-30 12:01:14

poplar girl
Administrator

It's a LONG drive from Brooks to Athabasca but if for any reason you and your friend are up for a road trip I can supply the cockerels! And yes, they would travel in a pet crate just fine. I think you can put two birds in each pet crate.

As for genetics and answering questions i am always happy to help so post and ask away.

And on shipping eggs it was Sue (not Susan) who made the post on ACE (I am not sure you are confused but just in case).

It sounds like your travel path will take you south of Saskatoon not through it to see Susan, but a detour could always be arranged!

#13 2014-05-30 17:03:42

Island Girl

I will be speaking with my girlfriend this evening and I will see if they have any visits planned up that way, you never know, stranger things have happened. I have never been to Athabasca but again you just never know.Saskatoon is a trip I made many times from Swift Current especially as a student at the U of S, I will have to find out and see if Susan can maybe do a meet in Rosetown. Lol I don't even know if she has any eggs but to meet her would be so great. and yes I thought you meant Susan not Sue, that might make the ACE  search a little more fruitful  :whistle: I took over 200 pictures yesterday of my cockerels and finally got them transfered from my camera to hubbys tablet and then sent to my tablet, now I will get them onto photobucket so that I can do my post with pictures. :pics: I am looking forward to your help pg.  :thanks:

XOX Monika

Adverts

Board footer