Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-01-26 17:36:09

carole

Any uk breeders out there

Hi everyone I live in the UK and would love to give a very good home to a few Euskal Oiloa chickens. I would love to know if there is a breeder in the UK who would be willing to sell me some birds.  It would be fantastic to know that they could become well established as everything I read about them makes my heart melt.  I currently have 6 chickens (2 warrens, 2 brahmas and 2 black rocks) and also a hand reared coot who is like a pet cat! I do hope someone can help whether its through the UK or France or Spain.  If it is too detrimental to export live birds then hatching eggs would be great also. Thank you Carole Wood Derbyshire England

2014-01-26 17:36:09

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-01-27 01:17:15

Maggiesdad

Re: Any uk breeders out there

Hello, Carole!

I wish I could help you, but I just don't know of any UK breeders. Are you a member of any forums over there? The folks at Eoalak could possibly put you in touch with some breeders in France, but that would be a long shot.

#3 2014-01-27 07:42:25

carole

Hi maggiesdad
Thank you for taking the trouble to reply I have had a reply from a breeder in the US (Heather from The Old Farm House) who says its quite expensive to import chickens into the US but doesn't know what costs would be involved to export from the US to the UK, mostly because of the 30 days quarantine. I am going to try and find out what the quarantine costs are but if anyone knows roughly what it would cost I would be grateful.  I think though I might be priced out of acquiring some of these wonderful hens unless I can find out  if there are any breeders in Europe, having said that I'm not sure what quarantine is involved there either.  I might have to give up gracefully and maybe concentrate on a rare breed here in the UK!.  Thanks again Carole

#4 2014-01-27 12:34:11

Flat Rock Farm

If my memory serves me right a couple years ago we looked at this from our end.  To bring birds here from Europe to Canada they needed to be in quarantine in Europe for 3 months, then once brought here quarantine for another 3 months.  Will importation papers, quarantine, cost of a "trio" was going to be like $5000.00.  Not cheap.

Good luck in your search as they are a breed well worth having :EO:

#5 2014-01-28 07:47:25

carole

Thank you so much for replying I think I will have to  hope that at some time maybe in the future someone in the UK will be breeding them.  Oh well I'll concentrate on a rare breed here.  Look after your chooks they look amazing. cheers Carole

#6 2014-01-28 11:43:23

Flat Rock Farm

Well you have some lovely breeds in the UK that we can't get here :sad:  Hopefully you fill find some EO's. 

Have you checked any of the  the :union jack: poultry forums for them??

Adverts

Board footer