Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-10-07 14:46:14

Prairie Chick

Poor EO's at the Indian Head sale

I go to this sale twice a year, good quality birds for the most part.  Well it is run by some old timers that think they know everything about poultry.  Shnookie (not sure of her real name) had some EO roos in the sale and the announcer  said they were crossed because he has never heard of them :duh:.  Well Joe (appway) told him it is a breed and pulled them up on his phone, I brought the phone up and showed the guy but he still didn't believe it.  He did sell them but they went for very cheap, I bought 2 roo's for $2 each (the eggs came from Flat Rock Farm) so I was very excited to get these roo's. For some reason they were very unorganized this sale, it was like a crack show in my opinion!  So I happily go to get my box of 2 roo's and they hand me a box with a austrolorp roo :shock: and the person they mixed it up with already took all the birds and left. 
I will be very hesitant to put EO's in the sale in the future but I do want to educate these ppl, will have to see how it goes.

Edited for typo's

Last edited by Prairie Chick (2013-10-08 22:43:08)

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

2013-10-07 14:46:14

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-10-07 15:10:36

gmb

Re: Poor EO's at the Indian Head sale

PC they should have buyers contact info?

#3 2013-10-07 16:29:26

Prairie Chick

yeah they didn't offer it to me. 

If i do put EO's in the sale I will put a write up on them on the box.

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles

#4 2013-10-07 19:44:31

Flat Rock Farm

Oh what a shame PC and the fact that you didn't even get them in the end :sad:  Sounds like a real unorganized run function for sure.  Where the EO boys nice lookers???  Just curious, I know Schnookie hatched out about 6 boys and only 2 girls from my eggs.

#5 2013-10-08 01:16:26

poplar girl
Administrator

That is very disappointing PC. Auctions especially in the fall seem to often be a disappointment in terms of prices (at least for the seller) but I always hope that the birds are at least healthy, cared for properly, and accurately described.

Personally I would rather eat my extras than sell them at an auction.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#6 2013-10-08 01:35:46

Susan
Administrator

Agreed PG!

#7 2013-10-08 03:12:19

Maggiesdad

What a mess! :Crazy:

#8 2013-10-08 05:43:38

Prairie Chick

They were still pretty young Roos but they looked nice.  I sold a trio of my EO's to a wonderful lady in Bigger Sk that is interested in improving the breed so I am happy about that.  No more for sale tho, I have 5 hens left and I have to decide which 2 Roos I will be keeping.  I think my best roo went with trio but that's ok, I have the second best :)

Monika I now have seen wry tail, Joe pointed it out to me on some Jap Bantams :)

I don't know what was up, usually their sales are very good.  Last fall I sold a trio of super dewlap Africans and got $115 a piece.  Well the person who bought them had the pair there (must of lost a hen) and they sold for $170 a piece :shock: .  Of course I didn't get boxes made up so I didn't have any there :banginghead: .  I knew they were from my flock because they reused the crate I made, I am surprised it lasted :funny:

#9 2013-10-09 13:55:20

Citygirlnomore

:love: he is the most beautiful Roo! I love sitting out with him I'm currently bribing him for his love with sunflower seeds and strawberries. Lol

The show itself ... I have a hard time commenting on as I typically go I the shows in Alberta run by Ty. So it was much much different then what I'm use to... I was disappointed in some of what went on. The best part about it was getting to meet some of you I could have talked all day!

Last edited by Citygirlnomore (2013-10-09 16:52:07)

Adverts

Board footer