Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-07-02 15:59:19

Micah and Kiah

Elevator and one of his ladies says hi

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1110824_zps12dd8c97.jpg

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

2013-07-02 15:59:19

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-07-03 01:47:17

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Elevator and one of his ladies says hi

Lovely M&K. Has he remained non aggressive with people? He certainly has the looks as does his wife.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2013-07-03 01:56:16

Susan
Administrator

Lookin good!! :thumbsup:

#4 2013-07-03 02:06:03

Flat Rock Farm

What a happy looking couple, lol.

#5 2013-07-03 02:57:13

Micah and Kiah

It was a very bright day when I took the recent photos and it make everyone a little lighter looking then they really are!  It is hard to believe that Elevator is a year old. They are all very friendly.  Elevator isn't at all people aggressive.   He is very gentle with humans.  He was the boss of the bachelor pen though but   he wasn't a vicious leader but tough and kept the peace. 

Here are the other two Maraduna hens.  His very favourite wife has the saddle on.
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1110841_zps7f47001c.jpg

Last edited by Micah and Kiah (2013-07-03 02:59:50)

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#6 2013-07-03 12:57:02

gubi
Website

good looking breeding group!  I had to rescue the eggs you gave me for the silkie, she stopped siting sometimes yesterday so they are now in the incubator.  2 Porcelains and all 3 EO's were still alive last night.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#7 2013-07-03 13:25:35

Micah and Kiah

I think you mentioned to me that you were concerned she might do that!  I hope the rescued eggs hatch well.

It is a good looking breeding group thanks to your three beautiful hens!   Elevator is fantastic with them.  He always makes sure all three are safe in the coop before he goes in.  One day when a lightening storm came up fast a hen froze from fear and just stood in the rain.  Elevator wouldn't leave her and even tried to cover her a bit with his body and wing until I got to them and carried her inside the coop.

I hope his chicks are turning out well for you! 

Question:   I have a blondie pullet from Paul's  lines (eggs from Sarniatrish).  She has good conformation, lovely yellow beak and legs but is blond with no barring and only a little black in her tail and neck.

What do I do with her?

Does she go in the Maradunna group or because of the complete lack of barring and minimal black, would she be most helpful in the Gorria group?

gubi wrote:

good looking breeding group!  I had to rescue the eggs you gave me for the silkie, she stopped siting sometimes yesterday so they are now in the incubator.  2 Porcelains and all 3 EO's were still alive last night.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#8 2013-07-03 17:57:28

Amblecroft
Website

nice birds!

Susan Buttivant at Amblecroft,
Chaparral Pyrenean Shepherds and Petits Bassets
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chaparral/amblecroft.html

#9 2013-07-04 00:29:48

gubi
Website

Show us some pictures of your blondie.  I think it is just harder to see the barring in the blondies.  I thought my blondies didn't have barring at the start either but I have never had a cockerel without barring hatched here so the hens must be barred. 

The silkie has been sitting for a while but I was hoping she would sit until they hatched.  Well no such luck.  Our trio of porcelain has turned into a reverse trio.  One of the pullets was a Paula's pullet! :chairhide:  They are cute little guys though.

The 10 Elevator babies are doing great.  They outgrew that brooder already and are now in a kiddie pool brooder.  I need to downsize/rearrange a bit to make room for everyone here.  One of your pullets lais a fairly dark egg. Do you know which one?  I don't remember them laying an egg of that colour here.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#10 2013-07-04 00:57:58

Maggiesdad

Micah and Kiah wrote:

Question:   I have a blondie pullet from Paul's  lines (eggs from Sarniatrish).  She has good conformation, lovely yellow beak and legs but is blond with no barring and only a little black in her tail and neck.

What do I do with her?

Does she go in the Maradunna group or because of the complete lack of barring and minimal black, would she be most helpful in the Gorria group?

Look closely at her hackles and bloomers... you might be able to pick up the barring there. If she didn't have the barring gene, she should be red, right?

Unless -

You've recreated the Llodiana!!!!! Yay!!! :excited: LOL

#11 2013-07-04 01:31:04

Micah and Kiah

I'll take some photos of the blondie in the morning.  Gubi, do you think it was a sun bleached egg?  I thought the three girls all lay the same colour of eggs! They lay three slightly different sizes though!

Last edited by Micah and Kiah (2013-07-04 01:31:52)

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

Adverts

Board footer