Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-03 01:40:29

Susan
Administrator

I'm getting eaten ALIVE!!

I just went out to pick strawberries. For every 2 I picked I probably got the same amount of mosquito bites! This is after applying mosquito spray at least 7 times today. I've never seen them like this and I'm SOOOO itchy!!

2011-07-03 01:40:29

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-03 01:45:48

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: I'm getting eaten ALIVE!!

:happybday: Susan!  I am itching too, they are thick here!  We just watched a movie on my laptop in the tent all screened in and still had half a dozen mozzies in there!   Our strawbs are sour here like Granny smiths apples, we`re having waffles and whipped cream and our own apple sized strawbs for breakfast

We are in the house catching up on emails and finding one quick emoticon....then back out for another movie now the chooks are all in bed! :chook:

#3 2011-07-03 12:57:00

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: I'm getting eaten ALIVE!!

The mosquitoes are quite impressive here too. Even when we had NO rain for 6 weeks and it was bone dry there were mosquitoes. Now that we have had some rain they are worse. The bites on my face are attractive I'm sure!

And we have bad grasshoppers as well. They have eaten some of my nicest perennials and are just getting started. I dread mowing the lawn as they are starting to get big and land on me with their sticky little feet. Yuck!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer