Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-09-25 14:24:39

gubi
Website

do all the Euskal oiloa friends know about this site?

There are a few more people on ACE with EO's that are not members here. Do they know about this site?  Hackmatack, Prairie Chick and Chickenvilla to name a few of the top of my head.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

2011-09-25 14:24:39

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-09-25 15:15:57

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: do all the Euskal oiloa friends know about this site?

Good question Gubi. I am not sure about the three you mentioned.

I know I let Black Horse Ranch know about this site, he is rarely on ACE either but has not joined us so far.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2011-09-25 15:32:08

Susan
Administrator

I haven't let them know due to ACE rules about not posting other chicken sites there :(

#4 2011-09-25 16:18:40

poplar girl
Administrator

Lots of people have an email address attached to their ACE or other forum account, it should be okay to send an email? I just wonder how many Claire has already contacted.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#5 2011-09-25 17:11:22

gubi
Website

That's what I'm wondering too.  No point all of us sending them an e-mail.  This site helps to answer so many questions about the breed that breeders not knowing about it would be such a shame.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#6 2011-09-25 20:09:17

Susan
Administrator

I don't know that Claire has emailed anybody on ACE about this site as inviting others by ACE email is a non no I believe and we want to have a good relationship with all of the other chicken forums. I'll ask MGF to clear up the rule for me on ACE just to make sure.

#7 2011-09-25 22:14:48

poplar girl
Administrator

You are probably correct Susan, even using email addresses from ACE may not be a proper thing to do. Some people we know via other means as well though. For example I have Praire Chick's email and I'm sure you do too. Some are members of other groups with more liberal rules than ACE as well. I guess what it comes down to is there are ways, with or without ACE, to contact people who may be interested in the EO site. The question is whether someone has already let them know about it.

#8 2011-09-25 23:07:27

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I am glad you guys want to share!  I agree we should be careful with other forum rules.  The only person I have given our link to on ACE is Hackmatack.  Most I have contacted are people who bought EOs from me in the past, locally or many not on forums and I didn't contact anyone through ACE.  Jamie wanted to link to my squidoo article and knows is is welcome to join and our site, and he will when he gets around to it.  I happened to be on ACE and saw a thread he had on which EO roos to keep.  I am maybe only on there once a week or two.

If you know people privately, and have emailed them in the past I don't see anything wrong in contacting them, I just wouldn't PM or email though ACE or even BYC it's a no-no.  Admin can (on these types of forums) read PMs by searching for keywords only (like 'forum' I'd guess), and I have no idea on whether they can read emails.  In emails you can always refer people to the www.euskaloiloas.com site and the menu link is right there for the forum.

#9 2011-09-25 23:07:35

Susan
Administrator

Good point PG :)

#10 2011-09-26 15:36:07

3riverschick
Website

What is ACE and why is everyone worried about upsetting them?
Thanks,

Karen Tewart
"The present is best served when we remember the past."

#11 2011-09-26 16:05:29

Island Girl

AlbertaChickensEtc is a chicken site, it was the first chicken site that I joined and still go on but they are a tad militant about what they do and don't allow. One of the rules is about not posting other chicken sites. They have banned many people over it and others have left because of it. It has over 2000 members and a lot of good info on it and yet I spend less and less time there. Hope this helps!!

XOX Monika

PS another site that is awesome is Western Canada Poultry Swap, it is informative, friendly and not militant!! Claire is an administrator on that site! =D

Last edited by Island Girl (2011-09-26 16:08:35)

Adverts

Board footer