Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-03-26 19:21:53

NaturesPace
Website

Kubota BX25

everybody still like their Kubota BX25? it is worth the money. we have 33 acres and lots of work to do there. Anyone else have an opinion on another tractor?
I bumped Chrish's post cause it has a nice photo of their Kubota.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

2013-03-26 19:21:53

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-03-26 20:54:52

Maggiesdad

Re: Kubota BX25

I loved the Kubotas I've worked with. Never owned one. :(
Some friends and family that have Kiotis  say good thing about them, too. Less money.

I don't know about having Kiotis around chickens, though... :P

#3 2013-03-26 20:58:54

Maggiesdad

http://www.tractorhill.net/

Tractor Hill is right here in Louisa, good Louisa folks that back their products with great service.

#4 2013-03-31 15:11:34

Chrish

Love my BX25 good little tractor and nice to have around.

Hobby farmer raising food the way nature intended. Dexter cows, Berkshire pigs, heritage breed Chickens,
Euskal Oiloa, Barred Plymouth Rock, and a wish list as long as my arm. Twitter @crookhousefarm

#5 2013-03-31 15:22:06

Chrish

Its a small tractor but can get the job done. I would pay more for the Kubota its made in Japan a good solid tractor with a good reputation. The Kiotis are made in India I think cheaper but not well made and people say parts are hard to get. I had a friend had to wait 3 months for a part after he stripped a gear in the front wheel. I agree you don't want Kiotis around chickens :funny:

Hobby farmer raising food the way nature intended. Dexter cows, Berkshire pigs, heritage breed Chickens,
Euskal Oiloa, Barred Plymouth Rock, and a wish list as long as my arm. Twitter @crookhousefarm

#6 2013-03-31 15:47:45

NaturesPace
Website

:funny: I missed the humor because I never bothered pronouncing it.

I think we are going to try to find an old Ford, Case or John Deere. Not sure i want to spend the cash on a new one. We still need to build a house!

Last edited by NaturesPace (2013-03-31 15:48:26)

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#7 2013-03-31 16:29:14

Flat Rock Farm

My DH has the original Kubota his Dad purchased in the late 70's.  I still runs!!!  DH purchased a new one in the mid 90's and have no problems with them other than a flat tire.  They are well worth the investment even if it's used.  DH is a self employed landscaper and we use it here at our farm, strong enough to get the job done but great because it can get into some smaller spaces that a larger tractor can not.

PS:  Good one Chrish :funny:

#8 2013-03-31 23:57:51

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

We have that exact model.  :excited:  If you ever need to handle round bales for sheep, goats, cows, you'll want something larger, but it is great for dragging portable coops and filling the garden beds with topsoil and manure. 

We love ours and have had zero trouble in 2 1/2 years.  If you can get in in a deal with the loader and backhoe, your back will save you and any mention of trenching or planting trees will be met with a smile, not dread!  When we got ours is was about $1000 more to get the $7000 loader in the package.  We got  a commercial belly mower for it and it blows the snow beautifully as well with a little red comet blower we got on Kijiji.  The small blowers cost 2x if not 3x the price if a larger one, we did well to get ours for $1500, the 6 foots sell for around $500 to $1000 round here depending on the time of year.

It comes with the turf tires, we did want the industrial tires (not as aggressive as a farm zig zag tire for mowing) and they couldn't get them in time for when we wanted it and they said they could do chains for cheap if we needed them later.  We haven't yet, but if you have a winter full of wet heavy greasy snow, you may want them.

As far as Kioti, we looked at them too, and I think their warranty may be a touch better, but we figures the Kubota wouldn't need much anyway.  Also there is nothing from Kioti quite as small and powerful.  The smallest Kiotis are one step up sizewize to the BX25, so if storage or funds are limited, the BX25 may be better. 

Also, many people build houses, landscape the property with one of these then sell it a year or two after, so you can find them, use, but be prepared to pounce that minute (for Kijiji or place a wnat ad for a few months if you are not in a hurry and aren't bothered about buying used) and check your new prices ahead of time, as there are all sorts of deals at different times.  We bought our on sale in August time of the year.

We did have 2 older unreliable tractors that did not add up to one good one between them, getting something small and reliable was the best move we have made as we no longer have to stress and wonder if it will work when we need it.  Ours has a built-in block heater too that we also haven't needed in a -20 celcius winter :cozy:

Adverts

Board footer