Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2013-03-17 03:53:48

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Draft EO Survey for Member Comments

NaturesPace wrote:

poplar girl wrote:

NaturesPace wrote:

What about having the yes answer ask how many and how old?
Example: Yes, _______\year, ______age.

I'm not sure I understand NP :oops: Could you fill in the blanks with example answers for each question?

Yes, _180_/year, __1years old_age

Is understand, thanks.

The potential problem I see is how would we summarize and analyze the results?

For example, I do monitor egg production while my birds are in the breeding pen so i would probably answer "somewhat". I have average egg weights and average eggs per week over a 3-6 week period for my breeders. But they do vary in age, my youngest are around 8 months old, my oldest hen is either 3 or 4 years old (and an AMAZING egg layer). But my data probably won't mean much to other people and I really don't know how many eggs per year my birds lay as this is just a snapshot in time and not even at a consistent age.

To be honest I am not sure what age of birds you are supposed to figure out eggs per year. Is the 220 eggs per year from when a pullet starts to lay until one year later? Is there a certain age you should record egg production at and then extrapolate? I think I read somewhere 24 to 26 weeks or something like that.

Sorry NP, me thinking out loud. I'm sure with some reading I can answer some of my own questions. I am not trying to be difficult either, your comment is very valid. I just wasn't sure how to ask a question that would provide data we can analyze so I avoided asking at all!!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2013-03-17 03:53:48

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2013-03-19 23:57:44

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Draft EO Survey for Member Comments

Anyone else have suggestions for the survey?

M&K and I really appreciate the feedback so far and we'll try our best to adapt the survey with your comments in mind.

I think we will also leave a version of the final draft posted so people can go check the questions as they are keeping records over the next several months.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer