Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-03-17 22:32:19

riverbendfarm
Website

Hatch #3 of the Year

Hatch came out this weekend (Friday/Saturday). I got 20 chicks out of 35 at lockdown, not loving my hatch rate at all. It was 6 EO's, 7 Black Pennies, 7 Barred Rocks. I left the remaining eggs in the incubator and misted them with a spray bottle to keep the humidity at 80%. Today 2 more pipped and were struggling to hatch so I helped them out. Should they make it through that gives me 8/12 Eo's, 7/11 Black Pennies, and 7/10 Barred Rocks. These little fluffies are all sold PPU to facebook friends that live nearby.

I set a collection of eggs from EO, BR, BP, EE, and Buff Orpingtons in the sportsman just to try it out. I don't have the humidity tracked but I put the full tray of water inside. At the end of each hatch I think I'll move them over to hatch in the hovabator and keep my sportsman shiny clean. I'll be adding eggs from FRF next week to the middle tray with the hopes of improving my lines.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
~Heraclitus

2013-03-17 22:32:19

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-03-18 00:21:47

Susan
Administrator

Re: Hatch #3 of the Year

Strange. Everyone seems to having trouble with hatch rates this year regardless of breed or incubator.

#3 2013-03-18 01:51:55

yardbirds

I hope that trend changes in one weeks' time.  :please:

urban flock consisting two EOs thx Prairie Chick, one True Blue Ameraucana, and two Welsummers, thx Dan Smith and a gorgeous Easter Egger Hen, thx Flicker Chick. and 2 GLW pullets, 1 GLW cockerel, 1 SLW cockerel, 1 true blue Ameraucana pullet, and 4 EE pullets and 1 Cream Brabanter pullet, Thx to FRF, Anneke, and Fallyn.

#4 2013-03-18 02:00:09

dahlisgrams

Oh gosh, me too!!! Sending good hatching vibes! :chickout:

#5 2013-03-18 02:28:12

yardbirds

With the power outage this morning although it was only 2 hours the temps dropped to 93.4F and humidity spiked to 71% but recovered in about 30 mins or less.  I am afraid to candle them as they have already been chilled once today.

urban flock consisting two EOs thx Prairie Chick, one True Blue Ameraucana, and two Welsummers, thx Dan Smith and a gorgeous Easter Egger Hen, thx Flicker Chick. and 2 GLW pullets, 1 GLW cockerel, 1 SLW cockerel, 1 true blue Ameraucana pullet, and 4 EE pullets and 1 Cream Brabanter pullet, Thx to FRF, Anneke, and Fallyn.

#6 2013-03-18 13:27:53

gubi
Website

yardbirds wrote:

I hope that trend changes in one weeks' time.  :please:

preferably by Thursday this week so far all of the eggs that were growing at 1 week are still growing.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

Adverts

Board footer