Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-02-12 00:18:56

riverbendfarm
Website

Stumbled Upon This on Scratchcradle's Blog

This is a fantastic simple read for selecting breeding stock to improve a rare breed. Specifically Chapter 3 on "Ongoing Selection of Breeding Stock". It contains a 5 year plan with specific things to look for. Thoughts? Opinions? Discussion?

Trust me, its a great read!

http://albc-usa.org/EducationalResource … ml#chicken

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
~Heraclitus

2013-02-12 00:18:56

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-02-12 01:50:41

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Stumbled Upon This on Scratchcradle's Blog

It is a great read, thanks for posting the link!
I am going to move this to "Other chicken links" so there is a path to it from both "choosing breeding stock" and that section.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2013-02-12 02:39:25

Maggiesdad

Riverbend, if you click on on "other chicken links' at the top of this page you'll see where Heather found it ;) ;)

=D Claire's very first post for this section!

It's still a great read... I printed it off and three hole punched it and put it in my chicken book so's I'd have a hard copy :thumbs:

#4 2013-02-12 03:33:45

Micah and Kiah

riverbendfarm wrote:

This is a fantastic simple read for selecting breeding stock to improve a rare breed. Specifically Chapter 3 on "Ongoing Selection of Breeding Stock". It contains a 5 year plan with specific things to look for. Thoughts? Opinions? Discussion?

Trust me, its a great read!

http://albc-usa.org/EducationalResource … ml#chicken

Thank you!  How are you in Nova Scotia?  Has the weather settled down?

I am so excited that a judge is interested in supporting the project! I'm hoping to interest more judges here to so we have lots of experienced folks for feedback

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#5 2013-02-12 23:08:19

riverbendfarm
Website

Weather has settled down. It appears I may have been misinformed about the judge. Not intentionally I'm sure, but this person is not an APA certified judge. He is an old time chicken man. He and another man and I will be working on the EO's together.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
~Heraclitus

#6 2013-02-13 04:23:12

dahlisgrams

Thanks for the link! One of my favorite sites... :thumbsup:

Adverts

Board footer