Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-01-03 05:14:24

Island Girl

My Porcelain Booted Bantam Boys

Just for you Micah and Kiah, a few more shots of the boys taken this evening.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/801Islandgirl/Breedingflockandroo1029_zps9d986642.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/801Islandgirl/Breedingflockandroo1030_zpsf306c64c.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/801Islandgirl/Breedingflockandroo1028_zpsb89d3897.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/801Islandgirl/Breedingflockandroo1026_zpsffca54b8.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/801Islandgirl/Breedingflockandroo1024_zps5bc0eb1c.jpg

XOX Monika

2013-01-03 05:14:24

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-01-03 12:35:55

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: My Porcelain Booted Bantam Boys

Aren't they cute!

Am I remembering correctly that you are still looking for  girls to go with them?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2013-01-03 12:42:24

Micah and Kiah

Monica, I am totally in love!  :love: Did you know that D'Uccles were created by breeding Beglium D'Anvers to Belgium Booted Bantams?  I find my booted girls to be VERY friendly.  They will sit on the roost beside me waiting for treats and cuddles.  Wish we lived closer so my girls could meet your boys!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#4 2013-01-03 13:25:22

Flat Rock Farm

Monika what handsome little fellows.  :love:

#5 2013-01-03 17:23:17

NaturesPace
Website

love their coloring. they are wonderful.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#6 2013-01-03 18:14:14

Island Girl

poplar girl wrote:

Aren't they cute!

Am I remembering correctly that you are still looking for  girls to go with them?

Thanks pg (and EO family), oh yes I have been looking for quite awhile for girls, and actually to re-home the pet quality fellow. He is the taller of the three with the more muted coloring. You can really see it in the third picture where he is chest to chest with one of the German boys. I absolutely love him but just can't have so many roosters. Hubby is patient and loving but I don't want to push my luck any further than I already have. Micah and kiah and I have been tossing around a few ideas on how to get together on this breeding thing. I really wish I didn't have to mix any beardless d'Uccles into the equation but we may have to. I so wish my genetics was stronger, Tara on WCPS tried to explain to me that one should not do that as you are kinda taking a step backwards and that they are two very different breeds, but if they are so rare and we can not find any pure females then I don't see as how we have a choice. I do have a hatchery that also sources birds to customers from stock from other hatcheries looking for me as of this morning. pg do you know anything about the Booted Bantam and would you be willing to walk us through this a bit, no actually a lot =D I would love to start a thread on this.

XOX Monika

#7 2013-01-03 20:05:15

NaturesPace
Website

when i think of beards, i think of easter eggers, so your boys are not bearded? they wouldn't have wattles too?

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#8 2013-01-03 20:24:55

Flat Rock Farm

Monika when mine start laying you are welcome to some hatching eggs :thumbs:  Mine are from the same line a Micah & Kiah, so am not sure if that's the direction you are taking with her or not.  Something to consider if you want to. =D

#9 2013-01-04 00:49:12

poplar girl
Administrator

Island Girl wrote:

I really wish I didn't have to mix any beardless d'Uccles into the equation but we may have to. I so wish my genetics was stronger, Tara on WCPS tried to explain to me that one should not do that as you are kinda taking a step backwards and that they are two very different breeds, but if they are so rare and we can not find any pure females then I don't see as how we have a choice. I do have a hatchery that also sources birds to customers from stock from other hatcheries looking for me as of this morning. pg do you know anything about the Booted Bantam and would you be willing to walk us through this a bit, no actually a lot =D I would love to start a thread on this.

XOX Monika

They are two different breeds and they do vary in type somewhat as well as in other traits. I am no expert Monika but if you open a tread we can explore possibilities and their pros and cons. Crossing with porcelin d'uccles is one option. Crossing with Mille fleur booted bantams might be another option. Hatching eggs from Paula would be another.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#10 2013-01-04 01:14:26

Micah and Kiah

FRF are yours are muffed? Two of my girls are beadless.  And they started laying this week too:excited:
PG, well all of you actually; do you know anyone with purebred booted bantams?  If so, in what colours?

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#11 2013-01-04 04:15:47

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

How beautiful.  What stunning little dudes :love:

#12 2013-01-04 13:00:12

Flat Rock Farm

Micah and Kiah wrote:

FRF are yours are muffed? Two of my girls are beadless.  And they started laying this week too:excited:
PG, well all of you actually; do you know anyone with purebred booted bantams?  If so, in what colours?

Well Kathy mine all have beards,  Found my first egg yesterday :love:

I used to have the Booted Porcelains but those are the one the raccoon's killed in spring of 2011.  I know I sold chicks to a fellow down by Duneville and Giddi-up hatched some fertile eggs from them as well.  They were not bearded (which I told her they were not) so she sold them all.  Might want to ask her if she remembers who she sold them to???

#13 2013-01-04 13:29:32

Chrish

beautiful birds I want some :-)

Hobby farmer raising food the way nature intended. Dexter cows, Berkshire pigs, heritage breed Chickens,
Euskal Oiloa, Barred Plymouth Rock, and a wish list as long as my arm. Twitter @crookhousefarm

#14 2013-01-04 14:23:26

poplar girl
Administrator

Micah and Kiah wrote:

Off hand I only know of one person, Tara Lee Higgins from Alberta has Mille fleur but I think she has a waiting list of over a year to buy birds from her. That said hers would be show quality.

There has to be a few more people than that with them though although I know monika has been looking and hasn't had much luck.

Monika could you not just get more from the same breeder you got these ones?

#15 2013-01-04 23:11:02

Micah and Kiah

PG, Tara's waiting list is three years long.  FLF, likely my two booted bantam girls are from your stock.  I'll text Giddup about it.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#16 2013-02-01 01:24:04

Island Girl

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

Micah and Kiah wrote:

Well Kathy mine all have beards,  Found my first egg yesterday :love:

I used to have the Booted Porcelains but those are the one the raccoon's killed in spring of 2011.  I know I sold chicks to a fellow down by Duneville and Giddi-up hatched some fertile eggs from them as well.  They were not bearded (which I told her they were not) so she sold them all.  Might want to ask her if she remembers who she sold them to???

Have you followed any of these leads Kathy? How do I find Giddi-up? Not sure how I missed the rest of this post.

XOX Monika

#17 2013-02-01 01:27:28

Island Girl

poplar girl wrote:

Micah and Kiah wrote:

Off hand I only know of one person, Tara Lee Higgins from Alberta has Mille fleur but I think she has a waiting list of over a year to buy birds from her. That said hers would be show quality.

There has to be a few more people than that with them though although I know monika has been looking and hasn't had much luck.

Monika could you not just get more from the same breeder you got these ones?

I have been in touch with the breeder of my boys and there is a chance that I may be getting some eggs, I am very excited about this and yes I will share. Also I am wondering if anyone has been able to get onto Tara's waiting list, I have been in touch with her numerous time but to no avail. :(

XOX Monika

#18 2013-02-01 01:33:45

poplar girl
Administrator

I didn't try To get on Tara's list Monica after all her talk of how long her waiting list is and how selective of who she provides birds to I just didn't have the gumption to deal with all that. It's tempting though, very tempting.

I do love the booted bantams and I hope you are able to get some eggs. I may take you up on the offer to share if I have a weak moment :do?:

#19 2013-02-01 02:32:40

Micah and Kiah

Working on it Island Girl, just on the back burner for a bit.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

Adverts

Board footer