Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-01-28 16:55:28

onymous

Spanish Breeds including Euskal Oiloa

I hope I'm not carrying coals to Newcastle, but I stumbled upon these two files in the archive of Aviculture-Europe, http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/08E01A14.pdf and
http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/08E02A10.pdf. They contain a nice map showing the geographic distribution of the 20 Spanish breeds (including 3 Bantams) with a short description of each. The article starts on about the fifth page of the first link:

Andaluza Azul, Andaluza Sureña, Española Negra Cara blanca (white faced black spanish), Castellana, Combatiente Español, Empordanesa, Euskal Oiloa, Extremeña, Indio de León, Mallorquina, Menorca, Gallina de Mos, Murciana, Pardo de León, Pedresa, Penedesenca, Pinta Asturiana, Pintarazada, Prat, Sobrarbe. Entered for Recognition: Piñeira, Serrana de Teruel. Bantams: Flor d'Ametller, Kika Extremeña.

2013-01-28 16:55:28

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-01-28 21:10:52

Flat Rock Farm

Re: Spanish Breeds including Euskal Oiloa

Very interesting, thanks for posting the links :thumbs:

#3 2013-01-28 21:41:53

Maggiesdad

Ditto that! So many chickens!

The Spanish love their birds... :love:

#4 2013-01-29 01:40:07

poplar girl
Administrator

Well those are great articles, :thanks: for posting them onymous. I need to check our SOP...not sure if we said the eye color should be chestnut as it clearly states in the article.

Also I'm going to move this over to "helpful Euskal oiloa links", if we want to find this post later it might make it easier to fine.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#5 2013-01-29 01:43:44

Susan
Administrator

:thumbs:

#6 2013-01-29 01:46:41

poplar girl
Administrator

Yep, as I feared, our draft SOP says "brown" for the eye color. Obviously eye color should have been translated to chestnut based on this article.

What's our protocol for changing the SOP need to be? I'm sure as wstop along it will need quite a few tweaks. New post I suppose....

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer