Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-01-15 20:09:32

castawaykev
Website

Newbie from PEI

I just started into raising chickens, this past spring.  Now I am a member of the Maritime Poultry Fanciers club, PEI chapter and am collecting bantams for the most part.  I knew nothing about chickens before we bought our house in the country.  Well we bought this place because i had started a tree nursery that has gone "viral" so to speak online.  www.thehoneytreenursery.com

So we bought this large property on the perfect location for selling to locals and for shipping.  As a bonus in the acre of woods to the side of our property we have 8 chicken coops (retro fox pens).  One is large and winterized...16x8x9. The rest are all 8x4x6.  So my wife talked me into getting some meat birds to raise....that was fun, then I wanted some egg laying birds....also fun.  But soon I got bored with the standard white/brown egg layers.  So searched kijiji and usedpei.com  for some other breeds for sale.  Bingo, got a Sussex...Speckled one at that.  Then I wanted blue eggs....well i thought i got an ameraucana....nope..i was lied to.  oh well pretty bird anyway.  Then another bird, and another lie.  But soon I got 2 Milles Fleurs D'uccles.  Loved them.  So I wanted more bantams.  Tracked the lady down i got the first milles from....and got 2 more including a rooster.  Then a grey silkie and a black cochin.  My wife was getting a little fed up with me...lol.

Then I joined the Maritime Poultry fanciers club.  Now I have lots of contacts and good sources for bantams and araucana's and other breeds.

Surfing the net I found this site...while looking for Mottled D'uccles.  Wow another breed that was prettyand i had never heard of.  Man this hobby is addictive to say the least....obsessive too....lol...

:)  Kevin

I raise: Seramas, Mille Fleur D'uccles, Porcelain D'uccles, Polish WCB bantam, bantam GLW, Modern Game BR, Araucana, EO's, white Silkies, Coshin black bantam, Silver Sebrights....and hope for more.

2013-01-15 20:09:32

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-01-15 20:27:13

riverbendfarm
Website

Re: Newbie from PEI

Tell me about it! Get yourself some EO's and you'll see what we're all raving about! I love mine =) And welcome to the forum!

Last edited by riverbendfarm (2013-01-15 20:27:27)

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
~Heraclitus

#3 2013-01-15 20:48:17

Flat Rock Farm

:welcome: castawaykev!!

Well if you like the D'uccle's you would LOVE EO's.   As as few of on this forum have Self-Blue D'uccle's or as we refer to them, TPC (Tiny Purple Chickens) LOL.  I have Black Mottled, Porcelain and Self-Blue and I love them :love:

Glad you joined the forum.  I will have to check out your website my DH is in the landscaping business ;)

Paula

#4 2013-01-15 20:55:10

NaturesPace
Website

Welcome from :US:
chicken math is funny like that. they just seem to add up.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#5 2013-01-15 22:51:08

Micah and Kiah

Welcome!  Great site, great people and you fit right in!  I love the D'Uccles too.  I have the same kind as Paula, relatives (they are, not Paula and I) and lemon D'Uccle babies on the way!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#6 2013-01-15 23:19:00

Susan
Administrator

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

#7 2013-01-15 23:30:48

Maggiesdad

:welcome: To the forum!  :EO:

#8 2013-01-16 00:06:32

Island Girl

:welcome: Be gentle with your wife, this addiction is a hard one for some spouces to understand. :hug: sounds like you have a great start to a wonderful flock.

XOX Monika

#9 2013-01-16 00:35:05

gubi
Website

:welcome: :EO:

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#10 2013-01-16 02:00:29

poplar girl
Administrator

:welcome: we ALL understand your addiction but be warned are highly likely to enable you and make it worse!!

When you have a chance could you add your location to your profile (under Personal). Although we are not a large group with both :US: and :Canada: members it helps to keep things straight!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#11 2013-01-16 02:06:28

yardbirds

:welcome: from the prairies... Yep... they are all enablers here... =D

urban flock consisting two EOs thx Prairie Chick, one True Blue Ameraucana, and two Welsummers, thx Dan Smith and a gorgeous Easter Egger Hen, thx Flicker Chick. and 2 GLW pullets, 1 GLW cockerel, 1 SLW cockerel, 1 true blue Ameraucana pullet, and 4 EE pullets and 1 Cream Brabanter pullet, Thx to FRF, Anneke, and Fallyn.

#12 2013-01-17 13:27:14

Chrish

:welcome:

Hobby farmer raising food the way nature intended. Dexter cows, Berkshire pigs, heritage breed Chickens,
Euskal Oiloa, Barred Plymouth Rock, and a wish list as long as my arm. Twitter @crookhousefarm

#13 2013-01-18 04:34:03

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:jumping: :welcome: Kevin!  Sounds like you have the bug like every one of us here.  :whistle: D'uccles are awesome little birds, not matter what colour you pick.  I wrote this about the little creatures, you might enjoy it http://www.infobarrel.com/DUccle_Bantam … cken_Breed

We have had close to 50 breed here over the years and these are a keeper, and the EOs!  No mistake!

Adverts

Board footer