Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-12-30 14:58:36

Chrish

Turkey egg

I have a :turkey: egg in my incubator. In fall i picked up 1 tom and 3 hens. Turkeys are very cool and friendly any way they are young but one has started laying eggs. She has layed  5 or 6 eggs now so because I have changed my incubating set up a little I popped the last egg in the bator. Cant wait to see if its fertile :excited: I have seen the Tom have is way with the lady's a few times but not as active as a rooster would be. I have built a hatcher now but its never been tested but my plan is to add eggs to the bator any time and keep track of them and at 18 days move them to my hatcher.
also I'm so pumped I just ordered turkey bells from Berryhill they are like cowbells but really small. How cool is that. I will post some pictures of the turkeys wearing there bells when I get them.

Hobby farmer raising food the way nature intended. Dexter cows, Berkshire pigs, heritage breed Chickens,
Euskal Oiloa, Barred Plymouth Rock, and a wish list as long as my arm. Twitter @crookhousefarm

2012-12-30 14:58:36

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-12-30 22:41:00

Micah and Kiah

Re: Turkey egg

:turkey: Very exciting!  Remember to take lots of photos!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#3 2012-12-30 23:42:56

Chrish

It could be too soon to start hatching the turkey eggs ? I dont know so it may or may not work out but thought I would try. It would be cool though if it did i'm a little :excited:

Hobby farmer raising food the way nature intended. Dexter cows, Berkshire pigs, heritage breed Chickens,
Euskal Oiloa, Barred Plymouth Rock, and a wish list as long as my arm. Twitter @crookhousefarm

#4 2012-12-31 00:17:49

Susan
Administrator

I have hatched turkeys this early, but who knows. Best of luck! I love poults!!

#5 2012-12-31 01:10:36

poplar girl
Administrator

This may be a dumb comment But you know that it takes 28 days to hatch a turkey egg right? Just making sure...

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#6 2013-01-01 02:42:22

Chrish

yes I knew but thinks for checking that would have been a surprise for sure

#7 2013-01-01 08:14:06

poplar girl
Administrator

I figured you knew but I would rather ask a dumb question than make a bad assumption.

I think we are going to give hatching turkeys a try right away too. We will collect eggs for another week or so and then the fun begins!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#8 2013-01-01 19:50:19

Chrish

That's cool PG please keep us posted on your turkey hatch I don't know much if anything about them. I have only done chickens so far. I have only had my turkeys since fall and they have just started to lay eggs they are not that old yet I'm guessing they were from a spring hatch. Very friendly though I really enjoy having them around.

Adverts

Board footer