Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-09-07 14:57:27

Lisa

Offer for Oct 2 after the Fur and Feather....

Hello Intrepid EO lovers! :love:

Thought I'd put a proposal to you, but couldn't think of the best way to do it. Here are my attempts. Please select the selling technique that works best for you!!=D

Version 1 - I have thought of a unique learning opportunity for us to consider. Hmmm... that sounded good. (appeal to those who want to learn)

Version 2 - Knowing how kind and generous you all are, I thought you might be able to help me figure something out. (everyone on this forum has kind hearts)

Version 3 - Going to the Fur and Feather is always fun/exciting, but also tiring. I'd like to offer a place to visit after the breakfast in Arthur (appeal to the tired). Will of course provide chicken feed for whoever needs it!

Version 4 - I have a hot tub, lotsa towels, can provide food and beverages of choice (appeal to those of us who are freezing with the weather change).

Here's the proposal. I live about 7 minutes south of Arthur. If some of you are coming to the Mt. Forest Fur and Feather sale on October 2, and going to the breakfast in Arthur ANYWAY, I'd be very pleased to host a gathering of tired people at my place afterwards (even not tired people are invited! And partners who have been dragged along to the F&F and DON'T want to talk about chickens - they can sit in the hot tub, wander the woods, or Doug will entertain them). I have 7 EO roosters who will be 19 weeks old by that date, and I'd love help picking through them. I'll take notes and pictures, and post our thoughts on the site so those that are a touch far away can chime in if we need some tie-breaker opinions. Also have 2 hens from the same batch, and the new babies that just arrived this week (as an added incentive for the EO appreciator). :chook:

Any takers? =D

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

2011-09-07 14:57:27

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-09-07 15:20:01

Skylinepoultry
Website

Re: Offer for Oct 2 after the Fur and Feather....

Fur and feather sale? I live no where near ya but if I did Id take u up on that offer.

#3 2011-09-07 16:41:43

Flat Rock Farm

Hey Lisa, we were discussing this LL, SLF, Martin Grove and myself a couple of weeks ago and were thinking of having the breakfast at the Post Time Bar & Grill, at least they have more space than the other places we have had breakfast in the past. So to stop by your place afterwards sounds lovely and closer :thumbs:  Skyline too bad your so far as is a good sale but as Lisa says tiring!!
Paula

Last edited by Flat Rock Farm (2011-09-07 16:42:48)

#4 2011-09-07 22:59:32

Susan
Administrator

Wish I could be there- have fun!

#5 2011-09-08 00:27:00

gubi
Website

Mount Forrest is a great swap.  It is the biggest one in Canada.  I hear that they might have to cancel the fur part of the swap.  They are getting a lot of heat over all the puppies that are being sold there. 
I would like to come to look at the EO's but I'm not too sure about the rest of my family so we will see.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#6 2011-09-08 00:53:52

Lindy Lou

We would love to stop by after breakfast. I will however need to make sure that I don't have my two grandkids that day. They live and die at our place, as Paula will attest, so I have to confirm closer to the date. Thank you so much for the offer and the hospitality.
LL

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#7 2011-09-08 01:16:04

Flat Rock Farm

:happycrowd"

Lindy Lou wrote:

We would love to stop by after breakfast. I will however need to make sure that I don't have my two grandkids that day. They live and die at our place, as Paula will attest, so I have to confirm closer to the date. Thank you so much for the offer and the hospitality.
LL

Ah but they are good boys Lynn! :thumbs:

Last edited by Flat Rock Farm (2011-09-08 01:16:33)

#8 2011-09-08 01:39:26

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:thumbs: Sounds extremely tempting.  If we set up a booth...not sure yet, we will have to be up around 3:30-4am and we may be unable to function after we have eaten breccy/lunch.... I'd rather sell any birds privately anyway so hope we can come.  Sounds awesome :happycrowd"

#9 2011-09-08 15:25:31

Helliefant

I will be there!!!....It's a loong trip but will be worth it..   :P
Lisa's birds are awesome... :thumbsup:

#10 2011-09-08 21:17:04

Lindy Lou

What will you be selling Claire?

LL

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#11 2011-09-09 01:30:39

Helliefant

D'uccles?????  My lonely one needs some buddies and I am hooked...the EO's are getting to me too...hubby is building a chicken condo for winter to help with my addiction :thumbs:

#12 2011-09-09 01:44:11

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

No can't give up my tiny purple babies.  LL, I have been thinking about it and I have two Lavender Orpington pullets hatched in June I would love you to have.  And the Wheaten Ameraucana oeufs though the hatch rate is never all that amazing compared to the EOs.  I will have some partridge chanteclers (4-5 1 year old hens, and 2 unrelated 1 year old roosters), and maybe some layer types that are 5-6 weeks old now.  I will keep the darkest ones, but some are going to be nicely pencilled and some not so.  If I let any of the younger (2-3 weeks old now) EOs go they will be blue leggeds/clavell combs etc, not great breeders, but productive birds and nice pets!  I may have others but need to think about it.  =D

Congrats on the new coop Hellifant!

#13 2011-09-09 14:07:25

Lindy Lou

A pair of Lavender Orpington Pullets from you would be amazing and I would certainly love to have them.Thanks so much for thinking of me.EO's even with blue legs would be a bonus !!! See you at the F&F
LL

#14 2011-09-09 15:48:45

Island Girl

:(  so far away! BUT I know that you will have lots of fun. Please take pictures for us!

XOX Monika

Adverts

Board footer