Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-12-03 01:07:02

poplar girl
Administrator

And a few more pictures: puppy, cats and spitz

We purchased a Pyrenees pup last weekend while we were down in Red Deer area. He is about 11 weeks old and is just getting comfortable in his new home. I think we are going to call him Vasco (pronounced Basco). He seems very good with the other animals although he has mostly only spent time with the cats so far.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac252/sulzmi/General/469b3c8d59be3191611eeb6d6bf89e20.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac252/sulzmi/General/43933429732092843bf8bdec5be67ef0.jpg
Pictured are Wicket, Silkie, Mirza and Lady. There is one more who missed out on the photo, Boots is an orange tabby.

And my spitz. I am really enjoying these guy. Since they are stuck in temporary accommodations they have become very tame as they associate me with scratch. Both girls (Salt and Pepper) are at the door with heads into the feed scoop as soon as I open it.
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac252/sulzmi/General/4912e06abb579b1120fa3e04fe08718e.jpg

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2012-12-03 01:07:02

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-12-03 02:02:15

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Re: And a few more pictures: puppy, cats and spitz

Adorable cats and dog and very beautiful spitz!

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#3 2012-12-03 02:47:32

Flat Rock Farm

Oh PG love the pictures :love:  Your new Puppy is adorable and he is going to be big :shock:  Your cat beside the puppy has beautiful markings.

My baby Georgia is just 5.5 months old and weigh's 47lb.  I will have to post some pictures soon as well.

#4 2012-12-03 04:12:48

Maggiesdad

OMG! He's so FLUFFY! :love:

#5 2012-12-03 04:19:20

poplar girl
Administrator

That's Mirza Paula, his color is a lynx point or something like that. About a year after we moved here I had a bit of a cat population explosion. The next spring I was so happy with myself as I had found homes or gotten fixed all the girl cats. But then about 11pm in July DH was out late finishing some baling and he comes in and wakes me up and says he has a surprise. Well he held up this beautiful little blue eyed kitten. My brain couldn't compute, there should BE NO KITTENS as all the girls were fixed. Well apparently Toby was a Tobina and had 4 kittens, Mirza was one. I have no idea where that color and the blue eyes came from (milk man). Anyway I found homes for two and kept Wicket and Mirza. I took both to the vet to get them fixed as I obviously can't tell a boy cat froma girl cat. I was right, I though Mirza was a girl but he was a boy and anyway that's my cat story :oops:

Vasco will be big, 100lbs plus. His father is a beautiful big boy, we saw him when we went to pick him up. His father is from the NWT, the lady we we got him from showed me a picture of his grandfather standing beside a wolf he had taken down.  I am just happy Vasco seems very gentle with the cats and I hope will be the same with all our animals but yet keep the preditors away. And right now I am happy he has a nice thick fur coat as well as its been sitting around -15C all week but he is just fine.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#6 2012-12-03 13:03:17

Flat Rock Farm

Well Mirzra is beautiful and there sure looks to be a pure breed cat in his mix.  It's great having barn cats but so may folks don't get them spayed or neutered and that when the problem comes in with over population and in breeding, so good for you :applause:
I can see where Vasco would be 100lbs. easy for sure.  Georgia (our puppy's) Mother is a BerneseXLab (Labernese, guess it's a breed now) and she was at least 100lbs her head came up to the top of my hip and I am 5"4".  Her Father they think was the neighbors German Shepherd two farms down :huh:.   She is a good puppy and has a sweet disposition.  I had that raccoon in the yard last Tuesday and I said to DH wait until she is full grown and we should have no problems with them anymore :whistle:

#7 2012-12-04 00:17:36

Amblecroft
Website

Very cute.  The Great Pyrenees is the counterpart to the dogs that I breed, the Berger des Pyrenees (Pyrenean Shepherd).  The Great Pyrenees stay out with the sheep and guard the flock and the little Pyrenean Shepherd stay and works with the farmer as his helper with the livestock.  Best of luck with him.

Susan Buttivant at Amblecroft,
Chaparral Pyrenean Shepherds and Petits Bassets
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chaparral/amblecroft.html

#8 2012-12-04 01:40:39

poplar girl
Administrator

Abmlecroft, I just hope we have enough livestock for Vasco to bond with. We had sheep (katahdins) and i really liked them but we had to disperse our flock when a lone wolf started killing them one by one, even the rams. Maybe in the spring I will have to get Vasco some sheep.

#9 2012-12-04 02:58:03

Susan
Administrator

He's adorable!!! I mean soon to be vicious and a true killer lol. Love him. :do?:

#10 2012-12-04 03:03:27

Susan
Administrator

Btw. What's with our crazy Pyr names. Yours is Vasco (Basco). Mine is Tempest (tom-Pet) lol

#11 2012-12-04 03:09:53

poplar girl
Administrator

Well Mirza is officially Vasco's BFF, they were both sleeping in the dog bed when I went out this evening.

Susan I think we just like to be different ;) or is it difficult :whistle:

#12 2012-12-04 03:20:15

Micah and Kiah

Cute photos!  What a wonderful pup, cats and Spitz!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#13 2012-12-08 14:04:25

Chrish

beautiful dog. Love the spitz so getting some this spring

Hobby farmer raising food the way nature intended. Dexter cows, Berkshire pigs, heritage breed Chickens,
Euskal Oiloa, Barred Plymouth Rock, and a wish list as long as my arm. Twitter @crookhousefarm

#14 2012-12-08 19:13:42

NaturesPace
Website

I think we are due to get a pup like that soon.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

Adverts

Board footer