Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-11-19 01:37:59

Susan
Administrator

What not To Do... Wings

Well I guess I got a little cocky (lol) after I roasted the last two Roos from last month's butcher day. They turned out amazing- the texture and taste were spot on! Not tough at all. Then I did a stir fry with breast and thigh meat- fast cooking at a high heat. Again, delicious and spot on.  So..... I decided to do Honey Garlic wings tonight, marinated in sauce. Cooked in the oven on a baking sheet and then basted just before serving. WRONG! I was the first to (attempt to) take a bite. I couldn't. I couldn't get my teeth through it. oh dear. One by one everyone looked at me. Crap. I told everyone to grab another double baked potatoe and I will try throwing them in the slow cooker tomorrow to see what happens ( I hate to waste food). DO NOT assume you can make EO wings in under an hour. :chairhide:

2012-11-19 01:37:59

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-11-19 02:36:29

mikencarol

Re: What not To Do... Wings

..  hi:Hey Susan....I was telling my daughter about you and she said that....."You Can Do It".  Don't scare yourself by looking ahead....just take it one test at a time.  My dad always said that is how you eat an elephant-one bite at a time.  I wonder if that elephant is as tough as 'Rushed' Chicken wings....:chairhide:   :funny:  Just kidding...you know you're my buddy...my cocky little buddy.................:oops:

Last edited by mikencarol (2012-11-19 02:38:26)

I have to keep reminding myself... "It is The Standard of Perfection...NOT the Standard of Quantity that we are striving for..."

#3 2012-11-19 03:08:48

Susan
Administrator

Lol! Cocky, HUNGRY, little buddy! :wine:

#4 2012-11-20 01:55:43

pops coops
Website

SUSAN you should have known better, dont offer me leftovers  LOL

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

#5 2012-11-20 02:05:20

Susan
Administrator

A quote from the most recent movie I just saw, "Blah, blah blah!" and don't worry Pops, I won't lol! Though I stuck them in the slow cooker all day with a little more sauce and they came out really nice :)

#6 2012-11-20 02:09:05

pops coops
Website

I made a 13 bean soup today and it turned out great, I thank the person that invented the slow cooker

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

#7 2012-11-20 03:16:02

Maggiesdad

I can get an whole octave out of 13 bean soup! Ivorys plus the black keys... :oops: :whistle:

#8 2012-11-20 03:17:19

Susan
Administrator

=D

Adverts

Board footer