Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-09-04 23:52:03

Susan
Administrator

i want to paint my coops...

I have 3 coops and a barn. I most likely won't get them all done this year (am starting a project that I hope will work out really well, but more on that later!) I just can't decide on colours. I need help choosing. I like white with green trim, but that will show dirt too much. Red with white might be neat for the barn, but I am not sold on it. I kind of like the Mediterranean feel, seeing as my main breed are Euskals, so some kind of terra cotta and???  Help??

2011-09-04 23:52:03

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-09-05 01:35:43

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: i want to paint my coops...

Terracotta with cream trim?  The inside of my tractors are "Tugboat" which is terracotta-y hides the chicken poo! :sick:  The outsides are navy blue with white trim, crisp and tidy.  I like the red and white too.  We will be deciding this when we get the new barns built when we build the house.  There was  a lot of whitewash in those Videos Lys posted.  maybe watch them again for inspiration!

You'll have to do before and after pics and can't you download a painting programs so you can paint over a photos with different chips  and see how it will look?

#3 2011-09-05 01:45:18

Susan
Administrator

Re: i want to paint my coops...

Love it- sounds nice! And that's a good idea-I think I bought software for decorating years ago- will have to dig it up :)

Adverts

Board footer