Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-10-18 02:26:49

Micah and Kiah

D'Uccles

The chickens were loving the sunshine today!  Here are some photos I promised to post.  Gubi, really, you need to buy a pair from me or trade for some Spitz? 
You will also see my sweet muffless Sumatracauna and Spot, one of my young EO boys.  He and his brothers and sisters were born mid July,  Photos of the top boys coming later, likely November.

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1080416_zps16c97461.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1080408_zps2af1ab62.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1080402_zpsee0c9414.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1080377_zpsef353717.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1080398_zps9389b8e9.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1080396_zpsc3a4b62d.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1080409_zpsef33a67b.jpg
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1080397_zps8c0885f4.jpg

Last edited by Micah and Kiah (2012-10-18 02:29:14)

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

2012-10-18 02:26:49

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-10-18 03:05:26

Maggiesdad

Re: D'Uccles

Beautiful birds!

Love them! :love:

#3 2012-10-18 10:57:57

Flat Rock Farm

Got to love those TPC's  :love:

#4 2012-10-18 20:53:43

gubi
Website

I'll have to see how much room is in my coop by next spring.  I do like the porcelains a lot.  Nice EO boy too but I still like Elevator better.  I remember him having a very nice red barred chest.  This guy has some blotchy grey in it but a very nice cockerel too.  I went back to look at Elevators pictures but it seems they disappeared.
Did the pullets settle in OK?

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#5 2012-10-18 23:12:12

dahlisgrams

Gorgeous!! :love:

#6 2012-10-19 01:58:46

Micah and Kiah

gubi wrote:

I'll have to see how much room is in my coop by next spring.  I do like the porcelains a lot.  Nice EO boy too but I still like Elevator better.  I remember him having a very nice red barred chest.  This guy has some blotchy grey in it but a very nice cockerel too.  I went back to look at Elevators pictures but it seems they disappeared.
Did the pullets settle in OK?

I will take photos of my Porcelains Gubi and if there is a particilar pair you like I'll band them and be sure they have babies.

Your beautiful Maradunna pullets settled in great, thank you SO much!  They are in with my oldest pullets and are fitting in fine.  I am working on trying to convince Dennis that we really need some Spitz next year.  After all we need white eggs for our egg rainbow!

All my old photos are missing now, I didn't realize that when I deleted them from photobucket that they'd disappear here too.:banginghead:

I'll take some new photos of Elevator and the three runners up.  Elevator continues to have a lovely personality, nice straight toes, yellow legs and toes.  He has that one tiny sprig and a little colour near one nostril otherwise his beak is all yellow.  He is one lucky boy because today our willow tree fell in his pasture!  This was a big, 300 year old willow.  One cockeral was killed instantly but the other boys are ok.

Most importantly, Dennis is fine.  He was mowing around the outside of the cockeral pen when the tree fell.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#7 2012-10-19 02:55:16

Maggiesdad

WOW! That's a little too close for comfort! :nervous:

#8 2012-10-19 12:35:19

gubi
Website

Crazy storm yesterday afternoon!  We were without power for a couple of hours yesterday and had the generator running until 4 o'clock.  At 1 o'clock our vet showed up to pregcheck and we were talking about how nice the weather is right now. It was calm and sunny then about half an hour later winds like crazy and rain for a few minutes and then everything was calm again.  The only sound in the barn was the cow bells.  We lost a couple of trees at dad's place where I used to live too but no one was near them when they crashed down. 
I don't know much about the d'uccles, heck I can't even pronounce the name but I wanted some porcelains ever since Hackmatack posted pictures of a pair he had long time ago on ACE, just need to figure out where I can fit them into the plan.  If I can convince one of the kids to really want them that would make a convincing argument. :chairhide:

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#9 2012-10-19 12:52:30

Flat Rock Farm

:funny: gubi you crack me up "convince one of the kids to really want them" :funny:

Strange day for weather indeed, Kathy I am sorry you lost that cockerel and am glad Dennis missed it that wind can be so scary :nervous: 

I had driven my Mum back yesterday to catch a flight out of Buffalo and my sister and I were having a late lunch, we had a window seat at the restaurant and I thought we were not going to finish our meal.  The sky got sooo dark, the clouds had those lower ones that start reaching for the grounds and then the wind hit, lasted 10 minutes and then it was over but boy was it scary :nervous:

A dead tree fell  on me while I was driving home from work on a fall afternoon two years ago in a wind storm, fell right on the hood of my Jag, shattered my windshield, dented the hood resulting in a new one, dents all along the passenger side doors and a branch was impaled into the front bumper, $6000.00 worth of damage later :shock:  Thankfully the car took all the damage, I was unhurt, just scared the #$%& out of me :P

#10 2012-10-19 13:30:26

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Beautiful pictures! 

Sounds like you guys got more of the storm than we did, we just had drizzle.  Sorry about your cockeral, and glad Dennis is safe. Willows are so unreliable.  Paula that is scary.  We were camping near Alliston when Nathan was doing his coop at Honda 15 years ago, and there was a huge storm, and we had to yell to hear each other in the tent.  When we got up in the morning there were Silver maple trees down all around us and one on the roof and trunk of my Tempo.  It didn't break the windows, juts put some huge dents in it *which i left as it was an old car), I have no idea how they missed us and out little tent!  We figured would would either wake up in the morning or not! :chairhide:

Stefan I know the exact pics you mean that Jamie posted!  He got them when he arrive out east! I wanted them too.  I can't wait til we are stable and I can get some too :whistle:

#11 2012-10-19 15:54:55

Maggiesdad

I just had a mental image of the whomping willow in Harry Potter! :shock:

:lol:

#12 2012-10-19 15:58:29

Flat Rock Farm

Maggiesdad wrote:

I just had a mental image of the whomping willow in Harry Potter! :shock:

:lol:

Good one!!  :funny:

#13 2012-10-19 17:41:09

Micah and Kiah

Maggiesdad wrote:

WOW! That's a little too close for comfort! :nervous:

Yep.  I kept patting him on the arm to assure myself he was still really there.  This was a giant old tree, Paula and Lindy Lou have seen it, I don't know how to describe it... three stories high and the trunk was so wide you'd need about 7 people to reach their arms around to encircle it.  It was full of growth.  The whole front yard was covered and pieces made it to the far side of the house.  We were hunting up everyone until dark.

Yikes Paula!  That must have been awful!  Glad you got through your falling tree story in one piece. 

I had the Gorria pullets and the Maradunna pullet I raised from an egg in with Elevator.  He protected all he could, excellent instincts that boy.  He is still on hyper alert. 

We can't find one Gorria pullet.  There is still alot of tree on the yard.  I pray we don't find her under that tree.  Hopefully she just decided to fly and hid and will come home soon?  :huh:

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#14 2012-10-19 18:08:39

Lindy Lou

So Glad to hear that Dennis is okay but it is a shame about losing the birds. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the other hen comes home on her own. That indeed was a huge tree and should keep you in firewood for some time.

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#15 2012-10-20 01:44:31

dahlisgrams

That is crazy about the tree falling..... :shock: Sad that you lost a cockerel.. poor thing! Willows are beautiful but the one I had at a rental years ago dropped branches by the truckload. It was a lot of maintenance and all year 'round too. I don't miss that tree.

#16 2012-10-20 16:28:34

NaturesPace
Website

Wonderful photos of your birds. Poor rooster, but glad no one else got hurt with all those Canadian trees falling.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

Adverts

Board footer