Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2012-10-17 06:25:14

NaturesPace
Website

Re: Feeding EOs 8 weeks and up...

appway wrote:

all my birds are raised on Turkey starter and then they go on Turkey Grower at about 2 months at about 3 montha they go on turkey grower for a couple weeks then they get Turkey Grower mixed with whole oats and wheat until around 5 months then they get grower mixed with layer and whole oats and wheat.
I like the Turkey grower as it is a higher protein

You do this for your chickens too? I have heard that heritage breeds need higher protein content than the layer feed provides. My chickens free range a couple of days a week and have a large grassy pen the rest of the time, so I figured they are getting enough protein.

I also provide higher protein feed for my guineas, molting hens and young chicks. I'm sure everyone is enjoying some of it.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

2012-10-17 06:25:14

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2012-10-17 10:46:42

Flat Rock Farm

Well I am going to have to try it.  NP I like your idea of making it in a bucket and giving out more as a treat.  Couldn't feed them just straight that, I don't have the time or storage to do larger amounts of it.

#28 2012-10-17 17:05:30

appway

NP  Yes I do it with the Chickens also
But I also do it with the Turkeys and what other poultry I have

The Turkey feed is Higher Protein and The Chickens seem to grow good

Adverts

Board footer