Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-10-02 19:09:59

Gemina Farm

Thinking about buying a new incubator....

Since the bank screwed up in our favour recently I have my eyes on a new incubator.... Currently my set up is a really old home made unit that has not been used for 10 years.  I was thinking of getting an RCOM 20 PRO or Brinsea Octogan20? :huh:

It would be nice now that my children are older to have more * survivors* and less shrink wrapped chicks and stuff that could ruin the experience for them...I know they can not all make it but the best chance possibly is what I am hoping for.  I do have a REALLY good yearling Japanese bantam Rebecca that has already hatched some babies and is a wonderful mommy.  She is broody 24/7 so I may throw a few under her come spring time.  A friend of mine gave her and her litter to me as a gift three months ago.  Unfortunately she gave me 3 Roos and one hen..lol. We kept one little friendly black roo and had to give away the other two. 

Anyways you opinions would sure help. :).

Thanks,
Angela

2012-10-02 19:09:59

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-10-03 00:06:39

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Thinking about buying a new incubator....

I think a good broody hen is the best incubator you can own.

That aside, I have a Brinsea octagon 20 advance (has the humidity pump) and I like it. You do need to double check the factory temperature settings. I bought a Brinsea Spit Check thermometer and wouldn't be without it, my incubator is calibrated a few degrees cold. I really like the humidity contol for hatching. Product service from cbotkin has been very good.

I have no experience with the RCOM 20 Pro.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer