Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-09-24 01:56:57

Laingcroft

Why can't I upload an avatar?

I've reduced and reduced the durn thing down to 4 x 4 pixels and it still wouldn't load.   Saved as a .jpg file...is that wrong?  Any advice?

Thanks!

2012-09-24 01:56:57

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-09-24 02:39:14

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Why can't I upload an avatar?

Not sure how to help...I rarely change my Avatar as it is a pain in the butt to do in my opinion! I know I can't do it from my iPad at all.

Here is Claire's post with instructions:
http://forums.euskaloiloas.com/viewtopic.php?id=3

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2012-09-24 12:38:25

Susan
Administrator

Uh... MD.... Any suggestions? I did it once, but I'm not sure what your problem is. I know I had to use the computer and retrieved mine from my photobucket pics. Maybe try another pic?

#4 2012-09-24 12:45:39

Maggiesdad

I feel your pain!  So glad it's not just me... =D

I still haven't figured out the secret -  but I think you have to resize it on a waning Blue Moon, and then it will accept it!  :Crazy:

email me the source pic full size, and a cropped pic of what you want the avatar to look like and I'll see what I can do...  If I can make it work, I'll will sell the patent to greenfire.  :funny:

Wups  - I meant send it back to you!  :oops:

#5 2012-09-24 12:53:30

dahlisgrams

I kept resizing it by 50% and then made it as small as possible in the avatar maker as well. It finally worked. Though it literally took 80+ tries. Good luck. I hope this helps.

#6 2012-09-24 14:41:08

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

It doesn't work if you just use the "resize or shrink" option on Shrinkpictures.com (3 years ago when I started on poultry forums I did that an it drove me nuts trying to make it work), , you have to use the "create an avatar" option, they are 2 different things.  I think if your image is small to start it just shows up as a black square when it goes to generate the 3 you choose from.  If it does that use a bigger image as you will get to crop it or choose 1 or 3 cropped shrnken versions  as part of the process.

Let us know how it goes. :thumbs:

Adverts

Board footer