Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-09-09 05:52:22

Island Girl

Porcelain d'Uccle roo over Lavender d'Uccle hens?

Soooooo, I was hoping there may be a simple answer to this combo. I can only imagine that there is not but hoping that someone may be able to simplify the possible outcomes for me. These would be little pullets hatched from Claire's d'Uccles.

XOX Monika

2012-09-09 05:52:22

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-09-09 15:24:04

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Porcelain d'Uccle roo over Lavender d'Uccle hens?

Ok so first off I think another name for a porcelain d'uccle is Isabel Mille Fleur aka lavender Mille fleur.

Essentially they are a Mille fleur where both red and black are diluted by the lavender allele.

I think this is what will happen:
Your first generation of chicks will be all lavender because the allele for mottling is recessive so will be hidden.

If you mate the chicks back to a porcelain you will see about half the chicks are lavender and half porcelain.
If you mate the chicks to each other you will get about 25% porcelain, 75% lavender.
If you mate the chicks to a lavender you will get all lavender.

Problems i think you might see, I think porcelain also have the allele for darkbrown columbian (Db) and I am not sure what that will do. Your chicks may have quite a bit of yellow (bronze) leak through, especially the cockerels. That leaking of yellow in a lavender d'uccle is not desirable. You might also see "ghosts" of mottling come through.

Also if your porcelain is not bearded (I think he lacked a beard in the photo you posted on ACE??) your chicks will have beards of all sorts from no beard on up.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2012-09-10 04:07:14

Island Girl

Re: Porcelain d'Uccle roo over Lavender d'Uccle hens?

Thank you pg, this is excellent info and exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for taking the time to post it for me.

XOX Monika

Adverts

Board footer