Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-08-24 16:42:24

Island Girl

Day 1 is Tomorrow!

I received my eggs from Claire this morning! Not 1 broken or even a crack line, what an awesome packing job. Only 2 eggs with blurry air sacks but they will sit upright now, overnight. The way they were packed with the bubblewrap I believe they would have stayed upright most of the way, barring any postal football games! BTW Claire, my 4 dogs had a lot of fun cleaning up any popcorn that made it to the floor :lol: Also I was surprised at the size of the eggs. Oh my it is going to be a long 22 days!

XOX Monika

2011-08-24 16:42:24

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-08-24 17:35:26

Susan
Administrator

Re: Day 1 is Tomorrow!

I loved snacking on the popcorn as I unwrapped Claire's eggs! She does a great job :) how many times have you checked on your lovely eggs already Monika? Sure hope your incubator has a window lol!

#3 2011-08-24 17:55:47

Island Girl

:oops:  Good Grief Ive got the hatching bug bad!! You would think its my first hatch this year. They are only on the kitchen counter `resting`and I have already checked them twice :huh: not sure what I was expecting to see the second time! LOL

XOX Monika

#4 2011-08-24 18:24:30

Susan
Administrator

Lol- it never gets old!:happycrowd".     Your kitchen counter though? Wow that's brave. Even though I'm the only one in the house who cooks, I'd be afraid that this would be the day someone decides they will make scrambled eggs or something!

#5 2011-08-25 03:19:22

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I am excited for you Monika and glad they arrived safe!  That's the furthest I've shipped them.  If the air sacs are almost invisible, they could be the last two eggs laid if it is just the dime sized cell on the fat end.  I think there are some "upright hatching" converts here. 

Maybe this will help raise your odds.  I wrote it to help with shipped eggs.

Mailed and Shipped Fertilised Chicken Eggs: What to do when they arrive!
http://www.squidoo.com/mailed-shipped-f … hicken-egg

BTW Nathan said there were cheeps last night, but he hasn't unearthed and counted them, he'll let me do that Friday when I get home!

#6 2011-08-25 03:28:10

poplar girl
Administrator

Oh yes for sure use an auto turner or keep the eggs semi upright during incubation and  put the eggs in cartons (I cut holes in them for air flow; the cartons NOT the eggs :P) for hatching shipped eggs). I do think it helps.

Sending your eggs happy, vigorous thoughts Monika!!!!!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer