Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-05-27 12:59:08

poplar girl
Administrator

Chickens Sucessfully Imported From Europe to Canada

There is a lady from Red Deer, Alberta area who I knew has been looking into importing some silver grey dorkings, I beleive from England. I just sent her message to see how she is doing with her breeding, the import etc. and she replied (only briefly) but she has some birds in quarantine as we speak! It sounded like she would be willing to use her facility again to bring more birds over in the future, of course all costs would need to be covered.

I am not saying we don't have the EO genetic base right here to work from for the marraduna because I think we do. Still, it is really interesting to know that the possibility exists of using this facility and she would also be a great resource to ask questions if others plan to go through this process on their own. And I like the idea of adult birds (i believe that is what she imported), I think they would travel the most successfully and the health certifications are the same either way I believe.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2012-05-27 12:59:08

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-05-27 13:42:25

Lindy Lou

Re: Chickens Sucessfully Imported From Europe to Canada

Well done PG. As most of you are aware I strongly believe we need to bring in new bloodlines and any help would be greatly appreciated. If you can get more details from this lady I would be very interested in what she has to say regarding the paperwork, timeframe and costs. However I fear our adventure in importing EO may be a bit more complex than importing from the UK.

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#3 2012-05-27 13:52:17

Terra-Blue
Website

I would be very interested if someone does some importing of EO.  (Of course then the challenge of getting them to the US as well.)  We probably cannot have too much genetic diversity.

Joni Johnson
Terra-Blue Pyrenean Shepherds
www.terra-blue.net

#4 2012-05-27 14:40:32

Lindy Lou

Getting fertile hatching eggs to the US from Canada normally isn't too much of an issue. Some of us are always up for the challenge of a :roadtrip: eh Paula :funny:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#5 2012-05-27 15:42:07

Flat Rock Farm

Now Lynn I am always up for the challenge.  Not sure of you have the nerves for it :nervous:

:funny: :funny:

#6 2012-05-27 16:15:27

Lindy Lou

I think I'll have to plead the 5th :funny:

Last edited by Lindy Lou (2012-05-27 16:15:48)

#7 2012-05-28 20:57:50

Terra-Blue
Website

I am glad there are so many adventurous people on this list!  Keep me posted!

Joni Johnson
Terra-Blue Pyrenean Shepherds
www.terra-blue.net

Adverts

Board footer