Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-08-10 11:15:31

poplar girl
Administrator

Our little Spam problem

We have had an abundance of "new members" that are known to post spam join our beloved site. Claire as the Administrator can delete their user name and oblitherate them from existence. moderators can ban them.

So, if members do notice a number of banned new members please be aware this is just housekeeping to try to get rid of people who are not legitimate members.

If they are quick they may even post some spam, that is what I saw this morning and I know Island Girl did as well. Our new "friend's" thread has been deleted and he/she has now been banned.

Please report any instances you come accross by hitting the "report" button at the bottom of the screen and we will take care of the issue =D

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2011-08-10 11:15:31

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-08-10 11:47:56

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: Our little Spam problem

Thanks PG!  Yes, this irritating phenomenon is part of running a forum I am told.  I have asked for advice on a "hosting a forum" forum, but from what I have read already there, we just have to be vigilant, so please hit the report button at the bottom right as it is the fastest way for us to get to it! :thumbs:

I have also changed  the registration so they have to type in a screen capture (the squiggly words/letters/numbers) to help with automated spam.  I know when I originally had it set up, one of our members has trouble registering, so if you know of anyone having trouble joining, let me know.  =D

#3 2011-08-10 12:17:33

gubi
Website

I don't see a report button?  I did notice the spam this am too.  I wish people had better things to do.  Same with phone calls!

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#4 2011-08-10 12:21:55

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Stefan, it's the menu thing next to Quote at the bottom right of each post.  :thumbsup:

#5 2011-08-10 12:33:45

gubi
Website

got it!

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#6 2011-08-10 13:44:03

Island Girl

Good to know. I will report it 'if' there is a next time!
XOX Monika

Adverts

Board footer