Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-08-09 12:05:37

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

A little bird just told me...

Greenfire farms in the USA, has Euskal Oiloas, imported from Canada. :thumbs:  I just saw their promo email! 

This is what they wrote,
"We were also able to locate a wonderful chicken breed that had been transported to the farms of Canada from the mountainous Basque region of Spain. These birds, called Euskal Oilola or (more easily said) Basque hens, are an extremely hardy breed that began as a landrace in that rugged sheepherding region of Europe. There are several varieties of Basque hen, and we have the marraduna. If you’re looking for a true homesteader’s breed that is easy to handle, alert to predators, and loves to free range, the Basque hen can be an excellent choice."

Since I got this lats night, the number of googles searches for Euskal Oiloas has gone up, maybe we'll get some new members who want to know more about them :jumping:  Anyone who pays attention to this awesome breed is in for a treat!  :EO:

2011-08-09 12:05:37

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-08-09 14:24:15

Susan
Administrator

Re: A little bird just told me...

Wow! Great news! It sure isn't taking people long to realize :EO:   the more the merrier!

#3 2011-08-09 18:32:23

Flat Rock Farm

That's neat, well they get some interesting breeds at Greenfire, so am not surprised that they have gotten onto EO's.  Not sure I would want to pay their prices, OUCH!  Yes,' hopefully it will get more interest on this site. :thumbs:

#4 2011-08-09 23:48:32

gubi
Website

I was just at their web page yesterday and didn't see any EO's.  I'm not sure I'm comfortable owning 10 pairs of $500 chickens!  We should most definitely get more people interested in the EO's now. :thumbsup:
Does anyone know who the Canadian supplier for Greenfire farms and Skyline poultry is?

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#5 2011-08-10 00:28:36

poplar girl
Administrator

Hum...intersting. I am extremely interested to see what increased information about this breed will result in. I will have to find time to go to their web site and check things out.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer