Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-05-02 02:56:29

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

How does someone get removed from the Stop Forum Spam list?

Lindy or anyone else who know, poor Prairie Chick is locked out of here and ACE, the Punbb forums so I think it is the same as your "withdrawel period" in December!  She get a message about Stopforumspam that her IP is on it, and I told her to go and apply to be removed, but I said I'd ask and see if anyone else had any ideas.  We certainly haven't banned her, but I can imagine it feels pretty crappy. :oops:

2012-05-02 02:56:29

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-05-02 10:01:47

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Re: How does someone get removed from the Stop Forum Spam list?

That's terrible.  I was on that list for a short while but only from my Blackberry.

She needs to follow the instructions on the screen.  Email Smartys and provide her current IP addy.  Tell him what has happened and why you should not be on the list.  He will look into it.  It usually takes 24 hours for your IP addy to be cleared. 

She can ask you for her current IP addy or I can email her from ACE.  Lets do what we can to get her back online.

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#3 2012-05-02 10:53:49

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks Bessie for answering.  She has tried to follow instructions, but she sent me a screen shot and can't submit an application and it says

Sorry errors were found in the information you provided,
If you do not agree to all our terms and conditions, we cannot process yor request.
Neither your IP or email are listed in our database.  Select a different user name and or contact admin where you were denied [that will be Smartys not us] I guess Your public Ip addresss [numbers] is in our database.

I just emailed Smarty's right now. :thanks:  I'll let PC know.

#4 2012-05-02 11:10:46

poplar girl
Administrator

I'm sorry Prairie Chick that this is happening! I wish StopForumSpam would not use IP addresses as they can be the same as someone elses and then this happens.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#5 2012-05-02 11:56:48

Lindy Lou

It makes you feel like an orphan when suddenly you are removed contact from your chicken friends. I understand how she feels http://vagunforum.net/images/smilies/cray.gif

(Tears supplied by MD - I get all choked up just thinking about it...)

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#6 2012-05-02 13:16:24

Prairie Chick

I am back :happycrowd" I also emailed smartypants so i guess all the emails worked because i was able to get on this morning.
Only half a day of chicken forum withdrawl :nervous:
Super thanks to Claire for taking the time to help :thumbsup:

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

#7 2012-05-02 13:21:30

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

No problem.  :cheer: Glad you are back :jumping:

#8 2012-05-02 13:26:31

Prairie Chick

I am not sure how the heck i got back on because smarty emailed me and his email said there is nothing he can do and that i have to contact the StopForumSpam to request a de-listing....Kind of hard when i keep getting errors saying my user name and email is wrong. 

Just happy to be back :cheer: and thankful to everyone that helped

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles

#9 2012-05-02 13:29:23

Lindy Lou

Great you're back PC. I guess you are no longer orphaned :hug:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#10 2012-05-02 13:32:08

pops coops
Website

I know you can contact you internet provider and ask to have your IP address changed and it can be done instantly

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

#11 2012-05-05 13:50:48

Prairie Chick

Happened again this morning but this time I was able to fill out the form and they were quick to fix it for me.  :cheer:

#12 2012-05-05 17:47:30

Prairie Chick

Ok i am going to start getting a complex here, I lasted half hour then was banned again.  Lets see how long it lasts this time...Maybe i need to buy a season pass :funny:

#13 2012-05-05 18:15:47

gubi
Website

You must be sharing your IP address with a major spammer.  Can you still read when they ban you or are you cut our completely?

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#14 2012-05-05 19:23:02

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Oh PC, what a pain. :banginghead:   If it happens again, it may be worth doing as Pops suggests and getting and alternative IP address from your internet provider.

#15 2012-05-05 21:43:42

Prairie Chick

I am on xplornet, not sure if that has anything to do with it

#16 2012-05-06 00:07:04

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Maybe they rotate IP addresses, and that is the problem.

Adverts

Board footer