Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-08-05 01:32:34

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Totally disgusting!

My nose is stinging from its recent treatment of tons of real soap up there after an incident I just had, putting the chooks to bed.  I  have never had this happen before!

One of the two chanty mammas still keeps roosting out on top of Blondies tractor as we moved the babies to their own bigger tractor on Monday as both the Mommas started to lay again, so we put them in the main layer coop.  So I caught the one girlie, carried her in and put her on a  roost in the dark coop.  Felt a little tickle on my nose, with the cobwebs and bugs etc and knowing my hand weren't clean gave it a quick rub with my right wrist.  The movement instantly filled my left nostril with cool wet firm chicken poo :sick:  It took a great deal of concentration not to smell it or succumb to Nathans laughing.  Anyway he took an absolute age to turn the hose on for me, then it just got a second clean back at the house.  The sting in my nose will be a reminder not to scratch myself with anything in the dark that has been near a dischuffed chicken! :lol:

2011-08-05 01:32:34

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-08-05 01:39:47

Susan
Administrator

Re: Totally disgusting!

Lolololol oh no Claire!! That sucks!!!! :lol:  been there- maybe not exactly that, ya!!

#3 2011-08-05 01:44:43

poplar girl
Administrator

:sick: that is nasty. I am not squeamish but up the nose ewwee. Can't believe you managed not to sniff it! :sick:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2011-08-05 01:51:29

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I think it was blocking the airflow :sick: I just breathed through my mouth and thought happy thoughts til the darn hose went on!  Nathan is still chuckling, the beast!

#5 2011-08-05 03:41:52

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

:lol: That is the worst

Mainly raising Norwegian  Jaerhorn’s, Partridge  Chantecler’s, White Chantecler’s,  Euskal Oiloas, Ameraucana’s, Wheaten Maran’s, Barred Rock Cochin’s, White Silkie’s , Saxony Ducks, Rouen Clair ducks, Australian Spotted Ducks Lavender Guinea Fowl, Welsh Mountain Sheep, Cashmere Goats and Texas Longhorn Cattle.

#6 2011-08-05 10:30:08

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Well I don't think there are any permanent effects :thumbs:

#7 2011-08-05 10:44:10

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

That was a pretty crappy situation Claire.  :lol:  I can't say I've had poop up the nose, but I've had it just about every where else.  I can just picture Nathan laughing at you, careful to not be so loud that you toss some poop at him or turn the hose onto him.

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#8 2011-08-06 09:39:09

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Yep you got it Bessie! =D  Gently snickering :oops:

#9 2011-08-08 00:38:24

Flat Rock Farm

Oh that is nasty :sick:, never had it up the nose before, had it in my hair and that was enough to make me run for the house and jump in the shower real quick.  I can just see the look on Nathan's face, I have to admit I would be laughing right along side him :lol:

Adverts

Board footer