Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#51 2012-04-22 23:20:16

Island Girl

Re: So about those darn mites!!

Diatomaceous Earth maybe?

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j … mp;cad=rja

XOX Monika

2012-04-22 23:20:16

AdBot
Advertisements

#52 2012-04-23 04:05:34

PAbabe

Is using any of these medicines, i.e. ivermectin, frontline etc. make the eggs inedible for a period of time?
I'm scratching my head..... need to check my birds now after I come home from work tomorrow.

#53 2012-04-23 11:25:47

poplar girl
Administrator

Yes some would have an egg withdrawal, probably both the two you have mentioned in particular because they are systemic (go into the chicken's blood system). Since they are not registered for use on chickens the withdrawal would need to be estimated based on milk or slaughter withdrawal for other animals for ivemectin. For Frontline as it is for dogs I have no idea what it would be but if it continues to work for a long time the withdrawal would also be lengthy in my opinion.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer