Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-01 06:31:32

Skylinepoultry
Website

What do you like in your scratch.

I get this scratch up in Sweetwater, Tn. and it is unreal!  It has everything you could imagine a chicken would love in it. Takes me about an hour to get there but I stock up on it every couple weeks.  Its like Crack for chickens,lol. When I get a chance tomorrow, I'm going to read off every grain and ingredient in it and post it on here.

2011-07-01 06:31:32

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-01 11:30:24

Young Heritage

Re: What do you like in your scratch.

I use a custom made mix from my local feed store called "Cracked Rooster". Cost around $14 for a 50lb bag. I will try and get a ingredient list sometime today. My chooks love it...

FBCM and Euskal Oiloa

#3 2011-07-01 12:38:51

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: What do you like in your scratch.

Sounds good.  Would love to see the recipe s your birds look great.  We don't get Milo up here, though if we buy TSC scratch it has it and it is easier for the birds to eat than cracked corn.  Sounds like it compares nutritionally.  We feed cracked corn in winter (used to feel with oats barley & cracked corn but they always leave the grains in the winter and go for the corn) and they eat more barley/oats in Spring so we change to that with the corn for the summer. 

We love the scratch from our feed store as it is clean, no dust!  Some other feed stores round here you can't see across the barn when you pour the bag in a garbage pail for storage. 

Oh and we will mix our own, maybe some oily seeds if they are molting or it's real cold, we do it in the cement mixer.  You can do a fair bit at one time.

Adverts

Board footer