Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2012-04-12 15:05:13

Island Girl

Re: It's hard to do housework when....

Way to go for opening up the eggs. Its not an easy thing to do but we can learn so much from it. Were their yolks completely resorbed?

XOX Monika

2012-04-12 15:05:13

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2012-04-12 16:12:46

Lindy Lou

I was a bit too grossed out to actually roll them out. I think they had been dead for a while. What I do know is that they were still curled up with their heads under their wings, I've read through my book and it says temperature too high, temperature too low the same for the humidity. Boy that sure did narrow things down!!!:huh:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#28 2012-04-12 16:23:20

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Aww sorry that was all.  I noticed they had leathery membranes too. I had to help the last one at and talk about shrink wrapped, there was about 4-5mm or more of air between the chick/membrane and the shell.  The shell just fell off.  Took me 20 minutes under a warm tap to unglue it.  I will be upping the humididty this time,  need to put an order in to Berry hill.  :duh:

#29 2012-04-12 16:39:06

Lindy Lou

Do you think that was the problem with the humidity. Unless my gauge was way off it read anywhere between 60 to 75% during the last three days and 45 to 505 the rest of the incubation. What do you think caused the membranes to be so thick?

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

Adverts

Board footer