Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-20 18:15:18

chickenlee

Hello from Kingston Ontario

Hi there, we are located just outside Kingston, Ontario and are fairly new to chicken keeping. We had the opportunity to enjoy some Euskal Oiloas in our coop this spring, but despite how wonderful they were they just didn't fit in with our group and long range breeding goals so they have been rehomed to another local farm. We are currently focusing on orpingtons and ameraucanas but one day hope to reintroduce a few basque hens to our coop.

In the meantime I look forward to following all of your adventures with basques!

2011-07-20 18:15:18

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-20 21:30:54

Susan
Administrator

Re: Hello from Kingston Ontario

Welcome chickenlee!  Things are a bit quiet these days as everyone is so busy.  I'm sure there will be a few stopping by to say hello though - glad you could join us!

#3 2011-07-20 21:46:33

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

:welcome: glad to have you here.

Mainly raising Norwegian  Jaerhorn’s, Partridge  Chantecler’s, White Chantecler’s,  Euskal Oiloas, Ameraucana’s, Wheaten Maran’s, Barred Rock Cochin’s, White Silkie’s , Saxony Ducks, Rouen Clair ducks, Australian Spotted Ducks Lavender Guinea Fowl, Welsh Mountain Sheep, Cashmere Goats and Texas Longhorn Cattle.

#4 2011-07-21 00:05:20

poplar girl
Administrator

Welcome chickenlee! Happy to have another member and I do think it will be an adventure. There is so much to discuss and learn and discover with the basques in North America.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#5 2011-07-21 00:44:08

gubi
Website

Welcome to the EO site!

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#6 2011-07-21 01:34:41

Flat Rock Farm

:welcome: chickenlee glad you could join us on the EO site!

#7 2011-07-21 02:36:41

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:welcome: Chickenlee!  Great to see you here!  I know we are all busy and I know you have been too, so it's even nicer you stopped in. :thumbsup:  Hopefully there will be a time when the EOs work for you!  They are such extraordinarily tame birds.  I bet your others are growing like weeds.  The 6-7 week old orpingtons my broodies hatched feel fat and heavy now and they love strawberries!   I have wheaten and lav ameraucanas, and hope to hatch some EOs soon.  things are still up in the air here, we've had a wierd week  :oops: I will let everyone kn wwhen we know what on earth we are doing when we know! :jumping:

#8 2011-07-23 02:56:42

reereechickens

Hi! I've been gone all week!:welcome:

EO's have started laying! My EO flock: 4 hens 2 roos

Adverts

Board footer