Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-05-24 23:17:15

prairiedawns

newbie!

Hello fellow chicken chicken lovers, eh?  My name is Trish.  I live in Saskatchewan Canada with my amazing husband of 11 years and our three children DS almost 10, DS 8 and DD almost 6.  We are grain farmers, and just beginning the homesteading journey.  We homeschool our human brood, and have just brought home 25 easter eggers. We are in the process of aquiring some EO's.  We hope to add some pigs this year too.  I look forward to getting to know you, and learning about this awesome breed!

2012-05-24 23:17:15

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-05-24 23:25:54

Lindy Lou

Re: newbie!

:Canada: Hello and Welcome from Ontario. I have family that live in Codette Sask and I love the landscape of the praires. I know you will enjoy this forum and the wonderful people who make up our EO family. I have always wanted to have a bit of land to call my own and raise a few chickens. It started out a few chickens but didn't stay a few for long. I am a Grandmother of three wonderful Grandsons who enjoy coming to visit.
Anyway Thanks for joining us and hopefully you will rnjoy this forum as much as I do.:thumbs:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#3 2012-05-24 23:31:28

Susan
Administrator

Welcome!! Where in Sask are you? You will lOve EOs for sure :)

#4 2012-05-25 00:08:34

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

:EO:  Welcome from Waterloo, Ontario

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#5 2012-05-25 00:26:19

gubi
Website

:welcome: from southwestern Ontario :EO: I got my first EO's in an egg swap with Claire 2 years ago and have been hooked since.  We are dairy farmers, I'm married almost 10 years, DD 8, DD 7 and DS 5.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#6 2012-05-25 00:44:49

Flat Rock Farm

:welcome: prairiedawns from Southern Ontario :Canada:.

Glad you could join us, were a pretty close group who all share the love for these wonderful birds.  Once you get yours you will know what we are talking about.

:EO:

#7 2012-05-25 00:54:57

Prairie Chick

:welcome:

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

#8 2012-05-25 00:56:06

poplar girl
Administrator

:welcome: from Northern Alberta but I was born, raised and educated in Saskatchewan!
What area do you call home? and isn't there a lot of enjoyment in owning a piece of land and having some animals to share it with!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#9 2012-05-25 02:17:22

Lisa

:welcome: to the forum! When are you getting your EO's? 

:EO:

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#10 2012-05-25 03:44:21

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Welcome Prairiedawns, I am so glad you found out about Euskal oiloas and joined us here!  You will love the when you get them!  Easter eggers are cool too, but I bet the EO roos like cuddling more than the EEs!  I have had chickens 5 years on our hobby farm, and "tried" the Euskals and lots of other breeds 4 years ago and a few since.  There are many great chicken breeds with many strengths and qualities, and the EOs truly are keepers.

It sounds like you are embarking on an exciting journey.  :congrats:  We have a homesteading section here too as many of us are like minded, wanting to do things more self sufficiently for the sheer enjoyment and satisfaction of it!  Enjoy the site, ask if you need anything.

#11 2012-05-25 04:06:13

prairiedawns

Thanks everyone!  We live on a farm near Kinistino, which is a 45min drive Southeast of Prince Albert.  We are going to get some eo's from Claire and I am VERY excited.  I just love my chicks, our easter eggers are going to be very pretty, but most of them are very shy.  We will likely have 5 blue ones, but I guess we'll see.  I do so look forward to having chickens follow me around and sit on my lap...maybe I will have to round up some of our farm yard story books to read to them...:chook:

#12 2012-05-25 06:21:11

Micah and Kiah

:welcome: We have three EO fluff balls.  I set down my hand and they come for a snuggle!  When we aren't  beside the bator interacting with us they stare up lovingly.  I worry they will get kinks in their wee necks!  You will really appreaciate the warm and support of the folks on this forum.  EOs and EO folk are better than therapy :EO:

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#13 2012-05-25 11:25:10

Maggiesdad

:welcome:  Married 12, 7yo homeschooled twins, DD16, DS19, An' I pick up 3 Tamworth piggies TOMORROW! :happycrowd"

And loving raising these EOs!  :EO:

:congrats: To you and yours! you'll not find a finer group of folks than right here.

Glen

#14 2012-05-25 15:10:12

Amblecroft
Website

:welcome:

Susan Buttivant at Amblecroft,
Chaparral Pyrenean Shepherds and Petits Bassets
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chaparral/amblecroft.html

#15 2012-05-26 02:31:32

NaturesPace
Website

Welcome. We have a pretty good time here. And when we aren't, someone is always there to help make things a little better with a :hug:

Forum therapy for chicken addicts.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

Adverts

Board footer